Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tales of Beedle the Bard...

Well not really Beedle the Bard but Kristin Jenson just doesn't ring well. I need a cool pen name. I am now excepting suggestions. My mom's maiden name is McNutt and my dads last name is McKnight. They said when they got married and had kids they would be little McNuggets... But I'm not a McKnight anymore so it doesn't make since. Do you ever miss your Maiden name? Don't get me wrong, Jenson is respectable... but I really miss being Kristin McKnight.

Tale # 1: Today I made a 4 year old cry. I felt terrible. It all happened so fast and I didn't even see it coming. We started extended days with our pre-k class this week. Now we stay an extra 45 min to read one on one with the children. For most of them this is their first experience with reading. I sat down with him and he knew all of the sounds the letters made but putting them all together to form a word was very hard for him. I was trying to help him slide the sounds of each letter together so he could hear the word, and BAM! Waterworks! I had no idea what to do I was so take back. I just wanted to scoop him up and hug and kiss him. I had been telling him how great he was doing the whole time, I never put him down or used discouraging tones. Luckily my lead teacher came and swopped him up and took good care of him. After the whole thing had blown over she made me feel better about the whole thing. I guess it happens a few times a year. To much pressure on these poor little guys to read (mostly from home.) Good news, now I know what to do next time one of my students breaks down!

Tale # 2: I took my first pregnancy test today. I have been very paranoid about getting pregnant unexpectedly. We are talking when I was 11 (and couldn't even be pregnant) I would see my pulse in my stomach and think I was pregnant. I know it's a little irrational. At any rate I swore I was pregnant. I'm such a dork. So I went to walmart and spent 10 min picking out a pregnancy test (there are so many options!) I waited till this morning and peed on the stick. It said I would have to wait 3 min... more like 30 seconds. NOT PREGNANT. Sheew. I told the nurse practitioner at the school my symptoms... and she told me I had a sinus infection. Dr. Dad confirmed and I am now on a z-pack! Thank goodness for that. When I told Mike I thought I could be pregnant his exact words "Oh man, I'm not ready for that." At least we are on the same page!

Tale # 3: I have rediscovered baths. The past two nights I have taken one and man are they amazing. Although my tub isn't as big as I would like it to be it works. I have been soaking while I watch an episode of Psych that I have had to buy from iTunes... After I bathe I mix lotion and baby oil together and rub it all over. Mixing the two is way better than using them on their own. This weekend the first thing on my list of things to do... go to bath and body and get bath salts and bubbles. I can't wait for our cruise where we will enjoy the thermal suite and all its steam and aroma therapy room glory!

Tale # 4: Last night I had one of the best dreams ever. I was dating Shawn Spencer (from Psych.. duh) AND Justin Bieber at the SAME time!! I woke up as giddy as a 13 year old. I caught myself thinking about my dream a few times today... and man was there a HUGE smile on my face when I did!

Tale # 5: I am Mike's kryptonite. We discovered this today when I went to his basketball game. I haven't been to a single one of his games this year. {Bad wife award} So I went tonight since it was his last game. They are #1 in their league and Mike is one of the better players on their team (so I've been told.) But tonight {when I was there} he was missing everything. Until I game him a little pep talk at half time {which consisted of: "Mike I thought you could play basketball. Prove it!} Then he made me proud and scored around 20 points in the seconds half. THATS MY BOY!

1 comment:

  1. Kristin, you crack me up. I make a 4 year old cry daily, haha, just kidding. And if you ever have another scare, I think I have an extra test I don't plan on using:) You could save $10...Oh and I watched Beiber on The Talk yesterday. I don't have the fever, but he's a cute kid:)

    ReplyDelete