Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fourteen

Day 14-'A picture of you and your family
This is a hard task because besides my wedding pictures (which we've seen plenty of) I don't have any current pictures. Bry has been gone for almost two years now and Lizzy, KT and Andrew have all changed so much we don't look like the same family. This picture was taken on my 21st Birthday. I feel like this is an accurate depiction of my family. Andrew is being a goof, KT is trying to act tough, Bry doesn't want to have anything to do with the picture and Liz is happy to be there front and center. I love my family so much (as is the norm with most people.) I think they are pretty cool!
My two sisters Katie (KT) and Elizabeth (Liz, Lizzy, Little one and Izzy) are really close. I feel guilty about my relationship with them. Especially Liz. She was 5 when I left for college. I remember going into her room the morning that I left. She was still asleep and I picked her tiny 5 year old self up out of bed and I just started to sob. I knew that I wouldn't get to see her grow up like I did the other kids. I wouldn't be there for a lot of her "first" and she wouldn't know me or remember me the way the others did and it broke my heart. I do the bet I can with phone calls and "dates" when I go home but its not the same as being there to see her every day. Katie is a firecracker. She has given my parents a run for their money and made my teenage self look like a saint. But she has the BIGGEST heart. She's a lot like me in that way. She also loves me and looks up to me (which how could you not love someone more for that?) Usually when she is really upset I'm the only one she wants to talk to (and it's not because I tell her what she wants to hear... I give her the truth) but because she knows how much I love her. She is also super talented which I have already discussed. My favorite memories of her is the day my mom brought my little baby sister (finally) home from the hospital. I promised that day she would be my best friend.
My brothers Andrew (Andy Roo) and Bryant (Bry Bry & Brother Bear) are two of my favorite guys in the world. Andrew has the best sense of humor! I don't care who you are (unless your my mom) you will laugh at everything he says. He also is very dedicated to the things he is passionate about. He taught himself the piano, has a killer golf swing and can pole vault like a champ. If Bryant being on a mission has had any advantages it is that it has given me the chance to get closer to Andrew. I think I might officially be allowed to join club Andrew and Bryant. My brother Bryant and I are 2 years apart and have grown up together. He is one of my best friends, he knows all my secrets and has been my shoulder to cry on (and mine to him.) He has been one of my biggest examples since leaving on him mission and I'm sooo excited for him to get home in 35 days!! WAHOOO!!
My Parents are awesome but I will talk more about them when day 24 when I write a letter to my parents. My grandparents also rock. My Grandma once flew out to Rexburg ID (from Columbus OH) just because I called her crying and told her I was homesick. Then one time BOTH my grandparents come to Rexburg from Columbus to spent mothers week with me (when my mom couldn't make it.) I mean how awesome is that. They also drove the two hours from Cbus to New Phila multiple times a month to see every play, game, track meet, performance, talk, birthday or holiday. As far as grandparents go I don't think they come better than this
And finally my new in-laws. I LOVE THEM. You might think you married into the best family in the world... your WRONG!! I DID!! Seriously the BEST family in the world. I have all the older brothers and sisters I could have ever dreamed of with wisdom and support ever flowing. I have beautiful, hilarious and energetic nieces and nephews. Not to mention that I have the BEST mother and father in law. They both have made me feel just as special as any of their other children. I have learned so much from them already and am looking for an eternity more. I can't wait till the next time we can all be together because let me tell you it is a party and I love every second of it!





While we are on family... my brothers newest cover. Fire by Augustana its only 2 min and he rocks, seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment