Saturday, February 19, 2011

Twenty Nine: Knowledge

Day 29-In this past month, what have you learned?

I have learned that I am very determined. When I started this challenge I said I would finish and I would not miss a day! Check (almost) Also I've been feeling a little bit of the winter blues and feelings... dare I say fat. So last week I told myself I wouldn't eat any sweets on the weekdays (and only in moderation on the weekends.) The last two weeks I have kept my promise to myself. I feel like those are both pretty challenging goals for me, but I've done them!

I also learned that I CAN NOT work 56 hours a week and still be functional. So I quite my babysitting job (on good terms.) a few weeks ago. But I gave them as much time as they needed to find a replacements. So actually my last day was this Wednesday. Life will be a lot different now that I'm getting home around 4. Even when I nannied for two years I got home at 8pm or later. I can't wait to work till four, go to the gym, come home and make dinner all before Mike gets home!

I was called the to YW Presidency this month. It was a pretty neat experience. Back in December before I knew the current 2nd counselor would be moving I felt like I was going to be given more responsibility in the YW. It was the weirdest feelings and I just kept shaking it off thinking I was crazy. Then when I knew we would need a new 2nd counselor I knew it was going to be me. It was very strange. I had similar feelings when I was called as a RS pres in college. Now that I have been set apart and fulfilling my responsibilities it has been amazing how I have been prompted to do certain things or been mindful of certain girls. This being said I have learned that the Lord prepares you for callings (especially ones that may seem overwhelming.) Also that we are called of God when we receive callings and he will bless you with the impressions and insight you need to magnify it.

No comments:

Post a Comment