Saturday, March 12, 2011

Gettin' Out of Town!

After being so good about writing for over a month I've seriously been slacking these past 2 weeks. I need to catch up a little before I leave on my two week vacation (one perk of working at my school is we get 2 weeks off in March.)

In the past few weeks:

-I had a girls night at my house for some of the girls in my ward. This night really deserves its own post but I don't have time for that. About 15-20 girls came and we had a chocolate fondue pot and lots of yummy dippers. Not to mention dips, chips and a verity of girls night comfort foods. Although I have couches and such we all ended up sitting on the floor in circles and chatting. It was much needed as this winter has kept a lot of us indoors and a night out with the girls was just what the doctor ordered for our winter blues! I'm so lucky to have so many great women (and many others who couldn't make it) to call friends.



-On Valentines day my lovey snuck to my school and decorated my car with hearts and cute posters. The ladies I work with were very impressed and I felt super special! What a thoughtful hubby I have. I sure love him!




- I saw the Justin Bieber movie and bought 3 of his CD's. I love that talented 17 year old.

- Got my visiting teaching done before the last week of the month. That is seriously something that needs to be documented.

-Went to a youth fireside with Elder Anderson from the quorum of the 12. It was wonderful to be in such a personal setting with one of the Lords servants. It got me excited for General Conference. He spoke on how the Iron rod is like a braid of 3 parts; the scriptures, words of the living prophets and the Holy Ghost. It reminded me how important the conference issues of the Ensign are. Since we want to finish the Book of Mormon in our family scripture study we decided to use the talks in the conference issue for out FHE lesson each monday. I even printed out a talk to take on vacation with us so we won't miss out on the blessing of FHE. Hopefully we remember to do it!

-MY BROTHER CAME HOME FROM HIS MISSION! I haven't got to have a good conversation with him yet since he has only been home 2 days and the whole town is trying to hang out with him basically. I was sad to not be at the airport when got home but am glad I am waiting to see him till next week. I figure by then he will have time to spend with me and his friends will be back at college.

-I am watching the news right now. The top three stories are heart breaking. The Earthquake, Tsunami, and nuclear power plant explosion in Japan is almost to much to take. I wish I could do more than pray for them. The major flooding in New Jersey that is devastation so many homes and towns. Then there is a major tour bus accident about 15 miles away from us on the I-95. Thirteen people are dead and many others in critical condition. So sad! The last verse of follow the prophets is running through my head "Now we have a world were people are confuses. If you don't believe it go and watch the news. We can get direction all along the way if we hear the Prophets, follow what they say." Now I am not saying that "The End" is near but I think of all these natural disasters that we have seen increase and intensify over that past 10 years. I can't help but think that the Earth is preparing for the return of its Maker. Or that the Lord is preparing and humbling the people for His Second Coming.

-I LEAVE IN T - 20 hours for my cruise!! I can't wait!! My bag are packed and I'm ready to go. I've been doing laundry for about 3 days. Today I have a huge list of things today. Mostly cleaning. When I know I am leaving for vacation I HAVE to leave my house spotless. I hate coming home to a dirty house. It just slows down the unpacking progress. The sheets and blankets are in the wash and then one more small load and I'M DONE! I found 2 cute bating suits at Marshals yesterday and only $15 a piece. I can defiantly pay that! My ipod is almost full with books on cd, episodes of Psych and Justin Bieber music. It will entertain me while I lay on the hot stone bed in the thermal spa on the ship! I do have to admit I'm not a lay on the beach all day person. I am too much of a busy body to do that. I don't think we'll be laying on the beach to much but have some great excursions planed! I will be sure to post all about it when I get back! I CAN NOT WAIT!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with cleaning before leaving on vacation. My Mom was a maniac about that & now I'm the same way. The pictures from the girl's night are so cute! I'm glad you posted them. See ya bright and early tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun at girls night, you need to host another one.
    Have so much fun on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete