Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Date 2011!!

Yesterday night was Mike and I's Valentines day date. I had so much fun planing and making everything I needed for it!

Mike had strick instructions to be home from studying at 5pm! No sooner no later! When he walked in the door (carrying roses and a sweet card) he was greeted by this sweet dinner (don't worry we didn't even come close to eating all that stake.)
At Mikes seat this note awaited him.
He was told to go find the romantic task cards. Before I would give him the clue he would have to complete the task. The first task was to make a romantic toast.
While we ate dinner I showed him these 5 pictures. I told him to chose one and that would determine part of what we would do that evening. I was sooo happy when he picked the black pot... that was the one I was secretly hoping he would pick!
After we finished eating he went on his love hunt for his gift. Here are the task cards and clues if you want to use the idea for a future romantic date.

One of the tasks was to feed each other chocolate covered strawberries. I made these earlier in the day and thought they turned our AWESOME!! They were by far the best I've ever had! Not to shabby for my first time eh?
His love hunt ended in the bedroom (that has candles and rose petals everywhere) where he found his gift on the bed.
It was a check book filled with 24 different checks from me. He was SO EXCITED! He has some really good ones. He said "I can pretty much do whatever I want. We can get in argument and you have to tell me I'm right ("admit I'm wrong... even if I'm not.") and stop being angry ("I will let something go I'm upset about.") Then I can give you one so that you have to kiss me ("10 kissed".) Then I can go hang out with the guys and you can't get mad ("Guilt free abandonment card.") This is the best gift ever." I was glad he liked them because it took me about 3 weeks to makes them all!
Mike had no idea what our plans were for the rest of the night. So after dinner I took him to the movie theater and had him close his eyes to walk to the movie so he wouldn't know what it was until it started. We saw "Just Go With It." I think he liked it. It was cute but a little trashy :(
Finally, the moment I'd been waiting for all night... we went to the Melting Pot for dessert (Since he picked the black pot.) It was delicious! We picked the smore chocolate (milk chocolate with marshmallow and graham cracker.) It was gone in no time and was just enough dessert that we weren't sick of chocolate when we were done!
All of our dippers for the chocolate!
We didn't think to take a picture while we were out so we took a quick one when we got home. It was a fantastic evening with the love of my life!!
HAPPY VALENTINES ONE AND ALL!!

4 comments:

  1. Cute! You are so creative with your holiday plans! I am not like that at all, and I wish I were! I'm glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you are SO amazing!! I need to remember fun exciting things like this for the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I have a game plan, ready?
    You guys move here in the next year, then you can help (or completely direct) me with Valentines Day! Poor Jared is stuck with a shirt and chocolates...LAME-O!!! That Mike is one lucky fella!

    ReplyDelete