Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Twenty Six

Day 26-What do you think about your friends

I've already put some of my favorite pictures up of my friends so I will skip that part. At any rate I can say with a fair amount of confidence that I have the best friends ever. Moving to CT (a place I had never been) the week after I got married was a big deal. I was really nervous about adjusting to life as newlywed not to mention in a place where I knew no one!! Not even a full week of being in CT we met two other couples (the Stokes and Johnson's {who moved in the same day we did}) for dinner. That was the start of some kick butt friendships. The first Sunday at church we were already getting offers to come over for dinner. No I have so many people that I love spending time with I can't fit them all into my house at the same time. I'm not trying to say I'm the most popular person in the world. I'm saying my ward rocks!!! We have so many fun couple (of all ages!) And everyone is so loving and welcoming. Mike and I only thought his job would be a two year thing... but after 3 months of living here we knew we wouldn't be able to leave anytime soon. Both of our families live far away but the ward has literally become our family. At church on Sunday I get frustrated because I can't say "hi" or sometimes even see all the people I want to. It's just really cool and such a change from the very small ward that I grew up in.

This Saturday night I'm having a girls night for any of the ladies in my ward who want to come! I'm so excited for it. It's not often that I can get many of my girlfriends together for a good night of food and friends! I've been thinking about it all week. I'm going to make stromboli for dinner and my friend Cynda is bringing a chocolate fondue pot and all the ladies are bringing appetizers, salads and treats. I'm sure I'll gain all the weight I lost last week ... but it might just be worth it!!

So if you live in the area come to my place at 6:30 and bring your favorite treat to share!! All the cool kids are doing it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment