Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nineteen

Day 19-Nicknames you have and why you have them

Something interesting about nicknames is I have always wanted one that was solid and that everyone felt comfortable calling me. Since Kris is a guys name I think most people are hesitant to call me that. But nothing else has every really stuck universally. But boy what I would give to have a real nickname! lol.

Keesh, Kris, Sis, McMormon, KiKi

Keesh- As I mentioned before Mike and his good friend Dave like to give nickname. Mike and I's first date was a double with Dave and his date. We went to dinner and all ordered from the menu in a little unusual way. We closed our eyes and pointed to the menu and whatever we landed on we ordered. I landed on a cheese and broccoli quiche (not to bad considering the liver and onions that Dave's date got.) So since my name Kristin started with that "K" sound and so does "Quiche" I was hence forth and forever known as Keesh by Mike and many others.

Kris- That is a pretty easy one KRIStin...

Sis- My mom use to call me this all the time growing up (and still does.) But I feel the nickname had been tainted as she now calls both my little sisters "sis" too... dumb!

McMormon- That is what I got called in high school. You know "Mc" from McKnight and Mormon because I am Mormon "McMormon" very original guys.

KiKi- This is actually my favorite of all the nicknames and would love for it to catch on. But at this point it is only Mikes cousin T-Bone (Brett) and his wife Nickel (Nicole.) I have no idea how it happened but I like it! So please feel free to call me KiKi.

No comments:

Post a Comment