Monday, August 8, 2011

Magical Birthday Celebration

It's no secret that my first 2 days at Disney on this trip were not quite as magical as they have been in the past. In fact I had one horrible night there. However, my day at Magic Kingdom with the girls made up for it all.

We had reservations to have breakfast at Cinderella's Castle. Sigh.... How magical it was. We were greeted by Cinderella at the door then lead upstairs to our table. It was beautiful. The food was just as good as I remember, especially the stuffed french toast. It was even more fun to watch my mom and sisters. They really enjoyed themselves. We were able to meet Snow White, Aurora, Arielle and Belle. We also got wands and a wishing star!



Since my birthday was 4 days away we decided to celebrate it at breakfast. They gave me a card signed by the princesses and a birthday cupcake.
Suffice it to say I was more than in 7th heaven.
After breakfast it was off to conquer the park. We were lucky enough to catch the Fairy Godmother, Lady Tremaine and her two daughters (Anastasia and Drizella.) I love getting pictures with the characters.

We rode almost every ride in fantasyland (minus dumbo and the teacups, they make us sick) in 2 hours. We didn't wait more than 8 minutes in line. I think that was my favorite part. Not waiting in line for the rides :) We even saw Mickey's Philharmagic, a classic in my eyes.

Then we walked over to Frontier and Adventure Land. It was getting later in the day, the crowds were getting bigger and the temperature hotter. Not a fan. But we still managed to ride Splash Mt, Thunder Canyon, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise. All the rides worth riding in that area of the park. I had my birthday pin on all day. I got so many happy Birthday's from random people and cast members. I even got a few gifts.


My mom isn't a fan of roller coasters. Somehow we convinced her to ride Splash Mt. She was seriously terrified the whole time and hanging on ready for "the big drop." When it finally happened I'm positive she thought she was dying. The picture turned out really funny. The look of fear in her face made it completely worth buying. So she went up and bought a copy. The cast member at the desk saw my birthday pin and asked me why I was celebrating my birthday there. My mom jumped in and told him I was more of a kid than my little sister when I was there. I admitted the truth to that and he promptly printed out another copy of the picture {free of charge} and wished me a happy birthday. SCORE!

After we rode all the rides we wanted we headed back to the gift stores. I had a request from the kids I babysit to bring them back cotton candy. I asked one of the cast members making it if she thought it would survive the journey home. I told her about the cute twin girls and their request. She came back with two chocolate pops covered in sprinkles. She told me she would normally give me one for my birthday but she would give me two and I could give them to the girls. I was pretty excited. Free stuff!! yes!
On our way out we stopped at town hall to see my cousin (well Mike's cousin) SayJay who just happened to be "Friends with" Cinderella that day. It was so fun to see her, she was amazing and beautiful. She totally backed up the line talking to us :) We even got to take a "Princess Pose" picture together. So fun. Later that night she came over to the condo and hung out with Mike and I. It was so much fun to spend time with her. I love that by marriage I finally have cousins my own age who I love and can laugh with. Marriage is the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment