Wednesday, August 24, 2011

3 Year Anniversary!

I LOVE celebrating our anniversary and valentines day. I try to do my best to do lots of little things that let the hubby know I love him. Typically about 2 weeks before I start searching the internet for great lovey ideas. My favorite website right now is The Dating Divas! AMAZING! There website is very well organized so you can quickly find ideas for different types of dates and special occasions. I get a lot of little date ideas from them as well. This year almost all of my ideas came from them, but I put my own touch to the ideas.

When Mike woke up in the morning he found this "TIME" magazine waiting for him in the bathroom. It was his invitation for our date that evening.

(I made that :) I am very proud! )

The inside gave him the important details for the evening.
While he was in the shower I snuck out of the house and put a CD that I made for him in the car. Along with a poem and some candy that went with the poem. When he left the house, I suck to the window to watch him find his treasure. I think he liked it, and now he had a romantic CD of songs to listen to on the way to and from work :)


1) At the Beginning with you - Anastasia Soundtrack

2) Keep Me Forever Falling - Carmen Rasmusen

3) You're the Inspiration - Chicago

4) Livin' Our Love Song - Jason Michael Carroll

5) Just Another Day in Paradise - Phil Vassar

6) When I Fall In Love - Celine Dion & Clive Griffin

7) Then - Brad Paisley

8) When you say you Love me - Josh Groban

9) Your Man- Josh Turner

10) So Close- Jon McLaughlin

11) You and I - Michael Buble

12) The Good Stuff - Kenny Chesney

13) Can't Help Falling in Love - Michael Buble

14) Somebody Like You - Keith Urban

15) Love Story - Taylor Swift

16) I'll Stand By You - Glee Cast

17) All My Life - K-Ci & JoJo

18) Don't - Billy Curington

19) It's Your Love - Tim McGraw


Mike had a little surprise up his sleeve as well. He sent me 3 flowers ( 3 = how many years we have been married + Past, Present & Future ) that were absolutely beautiful!!

I spent the morning with my friend amanda making these delicious cake balls. I have been dying to try them for quite a while now. I did red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I tried to dip them in white chocolate, but they looked awful! lol. So I opted to just decorate the tops. I liked them better that way though I think. Covered in chocolate they were way to rich. After they were done I headed over to Mikes work to give him a little afternoon treat. Word has it his co-workers really enjoyed them as well. Mike of course loved them and was surprised to see me :)



For our date we made a time capsule! How fun. I used a hat box and modge podged some cute scrapbook paper all over it. I think it turned out great! I had papers for us to fill out on the table.
What did we put in the time capsule? Well we answered some all about me questions. We wrote three goals for the next 10 years. Then we wrote down what our lives are like now and what we think they will be like in 10 years. It was pretty fun Mike thinks we will still be in CT and he will be working at PA. I just hope that if we are still living here in 10 years we can afford a house. I hate paying more for rent (that goes no where) then my parents pay for their mortgage (which goes to the principle of their home loan.)

We also took pictures of the cats, our house and favorite places around town. We of course had to print off some articles and jokes about the big east coast earthquake we felt yesterday. (Which by the way I was pretty excited to feel my first earthquake. At first I thought it was the wind then the shaking got stronger and I knew it was an earthquake and I just sat there thinking of what I should do if it got stronger, but not doing anything. lol. I would die if a real earthquake hit. lol)

We each took 15 minutes to write each other a love letter...
we didn't read them, but sealed them up and put them in the box...
Then it was off to dinner at the Capital Grille in Stamford. It is a lovely restaurant complete with valet parking.
They had our table set up with heart confetti and an anniversary card. What a great way to set the mood for a romantic dinner date.
We both had stake and it was AMAZING. I never get stake when we eat out but this was a great decision. Best stake ever.


For dessert we got ice cream, raspberry sorbet and an expresso cake on the house. It was delicious. All of it. I was surprised at how much I loved the raspberry sorbet, it melted in my mouth and was so full of flavor. UMMM...

When we got home I gave Mike his anniversary gift. I made him a vase filled with some of my favorite memories we have made together. I even left some space for the memories we will make in the coming months and years.
I think it turned out really well. He read a few of them and we decided to read a few more every night. I also made it to match the color scheme in our bedroom so it doubles as a decoration :) 2 in 1!
What a wonderful day! I am soglad to have Mike in my life and to celebrate our love and life together. What a beautiful life we are living together. We are so blessed.


6 comments:

  1. How fun! So thoughtful! Thanks for the site too, I am excited to peruse it! Happy Anniversary! You looked beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Totally awesome anniversary! Those 3 years have gone by fast. I remember when Mike used to come to our ward before your were even married! I love the time capsule idea, I think I'm going to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Your anniversary was SO much more romantic than ours!!! We had sick kiddo's so we didn't get to do much :( Soon though! Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO impressed :) I love how you made a theme! AMAZING! Plus your outfit is fabulous...please tell me where you got it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so fun!! You are so creative. You certainly can celebrate anniversaries more elaborately without kids. The only anniversary we have celebrated alone was our first and I had morning sickness. HA!

    Our five-year is coming up so I'm hoping we can do something a little bigger this year. A time capsule would be really fun. My life is already so different than I thought it would be. I did NOT think I would be pregnant with baby #3 within five years!!! Heck, I'll have a teenager in 10 years. Now THAT is a scary thought! Heavenly Father sure has different plans than we do sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I went to check out that Dating Divas website.... LOVE it! Thank you for posting about it! I'm so excited about date nights now (Ours have been a little repetitive lately). And, super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete