Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Beach Picnic Date Night


Since I had kind of neglected Mike while I had company and I knew I was going to be going back to Ohio with them for over a week I wanted to go on a date night with Mike before I left. I also wanted to make it a little more fun than the regular date night. So I wrote him a poem and indicated what time he should be home for our date and that he would have to wear a blind fold. I dropped the poem off to him at work that day with his lunch. When he got home that night I let him change then I stuck him in the car and off we went.
I took him to the beach. The sand at this beach is a little nicer than at the other beach in Stamford so we laid out a blanket and I began to unpack out dinner. I spent a good 30 minutes getting everything put together and in the car before he got home so he wouldn't see anything. I was so proud. I packed chicken salad (from Stew Leonards which is the best ever,) cheese & crackers, salad, fruit, water and sparkling cider with 2 champagne glasses. The only thing I forgot was the bottel opener and crackers. Since I was planing on eating the crackers with the cheese and chicken salad... that basically left us with water, salad and fruit.
We still had a lot of fun though. It was a lovey night and I brought speakers to listen to some music with. We just laid on the blanket and talked. I also printed off some funny questions we could ask each other, first date style. It was one of the best dates we have had in the past few months.


For dessert I made chocolate covered strawberries which I did NOT forget. They were sooo delicious. I can convinced the only type of chocolate to melt is ghirardelli's chocolate chips. DELICIOUS!! The perfect ending to a great night!


No comments:

Post a Comment