Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Best thing about Florida in the Summer

Luckily we didn't spend all our time in FL visiting the parks. We actually could have spent one more day at Disney and didn't even us our tickets to universal. It was to hot and I was not going to wait in line and fight crowds in 98 degree weather with 100% humidity. I love the pools at the resort. All the kids would float down the lazy river holding onto each others intertube (so we could stay together) we ended up causing quite a few traffic jams. But we didn't car. We were making some pretty fun memories. I love being on vacation because everyone gets a long. My family is still pretty young with two sisters still in school. So naturally they tend to annoy each other when we are at home. But on vacation we are all friends. I wish I would have gotten some of my own pictures at the pool but we never brought much to the pool with us.


We would go around the lazy river a few times. Then go play a round of putt-putt then go down this huge inflated water slide. Then we would repeat with a nap or two in the middle. One afternoon I was pretty worn out that I feel asleep pretty hard next to my grandparents. An hour or two later my grandma is yelling my name trying to wake me up because a HUGE storm is rolling in fast. They sky is black and the thunder is getting louder and louder. I grabbed Mike's stuff beside me and all the towels. I through the towels in the dirty bin and ran to find Mike and the boys who were finishing up a game of putt-putt. Mike asked where his phone and car keys were. I panicked. I didn't see them. He told me they were wrapped up in a towel... GULP. You mean the ones I just put in the bin that not have over a hundred of other towels piled on top of them. At this point the storm was right over us and the lighting close. We are all wet and by a ton of water. We all started to panic. Luckily there was a towel under the chair I didn't see and when Mike went back to the seat he found his stuff and we were able to make a quick escape!

The huge pool and putt-putt was about 5 minutes away from our condo. Right across the street from the house was another small pool that was never very crowded. After lunch we would go there and swim/play water games.



As I am not a big golfer I didn't go golfing but all the men did. They had a good time in the 98 degree heat. It was pretty brutal. We told them to take good care of grandpa in that heat. Mike got one of the best scores but is convinced he does not golf well in FL. But regardless of the scores and the heat I know they all had fun. And how could you not when you are golfing on a course that looks like this?


No comments:

Post a Comment