Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Harry Potter 7.2 @ Midnight

I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I grew up reading the books, seeing the movies in the theater and wishing I was a wizard too. So naturally I was really excited for the last movie to come out. I had a lot going on the weekend it was coming out and wouldn't be able to go see it Friday or Saturday and knew I wouldn't be able to wait till Monday to see it. Therefore there was no other option, I had to go to the midnight show, and I couldn't go alone. So I had to bride my dear, sweet husband (who had to work the next day) with $60 from my own personal "stash." Plus I had to buy his ticket and pay for the treats with my own money as well. I know that is pretty steep. But I did it.
So we get to the theater in that is 5 blocks from our house at 11pm. They are completely sold out. I was pretty sad after all my hard work used to get Mike to go. So I used his phone to look up other theaters. I had heard there was one in Norwalk which was only 20 minutes away. I called the theater and they said they had tickets. Since I had never been there I asked for directions coming from the 95 (The main highway.) She was confused and said she couldn't get me there from the 95 but that it was right off the 5 and easy to get to. Now I was confused but I thanked her, hung up and got on the 95 hoping to use Mikes phone as a GPS. But it kept saying there were no matches found. Finally I started typing in the address letter for letter from the website when I saw Norwalk, CA. I called a theater in CALIFORNIA! No wonder the poor girl was so confused. Luckily I did find a theater that was close to the 95 and we barely got off at the right exit. That theater had tickets. We got our seats, Mike got his icee and popcorn and I was ready for the movie to start.

There was only one preview before we heard the following "Voldemort holds the elder wand and thrusts it into the sky..." We all laughed thinking it was some type of a joke. Then we all realized this was the actual movie and someone was telling us exactly what was happening. It was a movie for blind people!! I was so upset. Long story short, 1 o'clock am comes and we are in a new theater, and the movie is starting all over again. We watched the first 1/2 hour all over again (minus the "subtitles?") I LOVED the movie though. Mike slept through the whole thing. He would wake up every once in a while, give me a look of disgust and tell me to stop crying. I wanted to smack him.

I did cry a lot. Not only was it sad, moving, touching and amazingly well done for a book to movie adaptation (in my opinion) but I was sad to say goodbye. It was like a piece of me was gone and I wanted it back. I still wanted to believe in a magical world, muggles and owls that carry the post. Harry Potter it has been a great 15 years! You will forever be in my heart and on my shelf. I miss you already. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment