Tuesday, August 9, 2011

4th of July

This year we were in Utah for the 4th of July. We started off the day by watching a few sisters and cousins cross the finish line after running a half marathon and a 5k. We were planning on running it with them (the 5k.) But I was way to sore from my cousins personal training class, I could barley walk, let alone run.
After a nap, a great BBQ and quite a few games of pinochle we went and had a little firework show. It was fun to watch the kids get excited over the fireworks. Even funnier to see how much our 2 year old nephew LOVED them and how scared his 5 year old brother was of them.




At one point Lincoln was even crying because Ben was getting to close to the fireworks. He was so scared for him.

After the show we went to the back deck which overlooks a good portion of the valley. We could see tons of fireworks going off. A lot from people just lighting them off on their own. This year Utah made the big ones legal so everyone was lighting them off. I have to say though my favorite part of the day was after all the firework show. Heather and I sat at the piano and sang some fun broadway songs. It was a lot of fun to sing with someone who loved broadway as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment