Tuesday, August 9, 2011

{Dayton} Family Reunion

At beginning of July Mike and I headed to Utah. There was a big family reunion and we didn't want to miss out. Mikes mom and her 4 siblings, their families and their mother were all meeting in Midway for a weekend of fun. They use to have these a lot when Mike was a kid but as families got larger and kids grew older it became less frequent. They were all pretty excited to be together after quite a while.

The first night we all had dinner in a little pavilion at a park. It was nice getting to see some of Mike's extended family that I don't know as well. Even some of his mom's cousins showed up.


Friday was my mother-in-laws day to be in charge. They rented out a bowling ally and all 40 + of us went bowling together. She even organized us all into teams. People she thought would have fun together but that didn't all get to see each other very much. At first I was a little nervous not to be on the same team with Mike, but I had a lot of fun visiting with his Aunt and cousins.
I didn't do to great at bowling but I managed to get a strike or two and a few spares. Mike managed to catch me midair when I got my first strike! I was a little excited.
After bowling we went to another park, that was very nice, and had lunch. Two of Mikes cousins from out of state got there that morning so it was fun to be able to catch up with both of them. Such sweet girls. I love having fun cousins. In fact one of them, Angelica and Kirk, are moving out to the East coast in a few weeks. I think Philadelphia just got a lot more fun :)




No comments:

Post a Comment