Monday, August 8, 2011

Dismal Day at Disney



Wednesday the boys and I were scheduled to go to the parks together. Unfortunately, Andrew woke up with a migraine so he wasn't able to come to Animal Kingdom with us. It was an adventure just finding the public parking lot. Some how we ended up in cast member parking. I kept saying this all looks to familiar. But it was cool to show them a little from when I worked there.
Once we got in the park we worked the system and got a fastpast to Kali River Rapids and waiting in line to ride Mt Everest. The line wasn't the bad since that park had just opened. I some reason remember it being a little faster than it was. That is the problem about growing up going to cedar point. Nothing is fast enough unless it is going 100+ miles and hour.


The heat and humidity were killers. Even at 10 o'clock in the morning you were sweating bullets. My dad loves animals so we of course had to go on the safari. We actually had to wait in line for too. A whole hour. I was not impressed with the wait ;-) But it was worth it when we finally got on and saw some really cool animals and a very close distance. I didn't use the zoom for most of these. Pretty cool to be so close (and with no cages) to elephants, giraffes, lions and so many other African animals.








After only about 3 hours it was lunch time and we were all pretty hot. The resort we stay at sits up against the Animal Kingdom so we were pretty close to home. We decided to go back home and have a FREE lunch in a COOL room and maybe even take a dip in the pool. And so we did. Around 2 o'clock Andrew was feeling better and dad was motion sick. So Andrew took dads place and we went back to Epcot to ride Soarin' over California. To bad the fastpasses were for 8:00pm. Bummer. So We had to wait in line for over an hour. The only perk was it was inside and we had Mike's iPhone to play trivia games on. Oh and we had lots of snacks so we could keep up our strength.




After waiting in line for about an hour and a half and seeing the lines were that long everywhere. We said FORGET IT! We went back to the house and swam in the lazy river, played some putt-putt and took a nap. Later that night I told Mike that I really wanted to go back to Epcot to watch the night show "Illuminations," eat a funnel cake and have dinner somewhere on the world showcase, maybe Mexico (since we love Mexican.)
Being the wonderful husband he is he gave into my demands. We got there and were both pretty hungry. Since Mexico was first on the world showcase we stopped there. The menu was small (as we were eating at a "quick service" place.) I was on the phone when he ordered so I was a little distracted. When we got the food we both had ordered the same thing (we never do that) and the food looked disgusting. It tasted the same way it looked. So I saw some nachos that looked good so I got those with some guacamole, you can't go wrong with guac! WRONG. It was all TERRIBLE! Like the worst dining experience ever. I chocked down my food since I just payed over $40 for 4 tacos, nachos and guac! Robbery! To make it worse we were outside eating hot food in the heat. That alone makes you sick. Not to mention it was gross food! I was not happy but still wanted a funnel cake. Poor Mike was pretty sick from eating all that disgusting food. He had it about a 1/4 of the way around the world showcase before I had to leave him on a bench to die while I continued my journey for a funnel cake in solitude. I finally got the object of my desire (and yes, that was worth $6.50)and ate it as I walked back to find my dying husband. Can you imagine how pathetic I looked. Some worn down chick, walking alone, shoving a funnel cake down her mouth. It had to have been a sight worth seeing for those people watchers. When I found Mike he was DONE! He did not want to wait an hour for the show, and surprisingly I didn't want to either. I had been burned by Disney. We used our fastpasses from earlier and road Soarin' again. That never gets old. We were out of the park right as Illuminations started. I wasn't even tempted to walk back, I was done with walking, done with fighting crowds, done with Disney, especially in June. What made it even worse was knowing I had to do it all again the next day. I know. Words I never thought I would say. I was cranky!

No comments:

Post a Comment