Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"In the end I want to be standing at the beginning with you"

Today is Mike and I's three year Anniversary. WOW! Time just keeps flying by. We had an excellent anniversary this year which I will blog about later. I wanted to devote this whole post on the best decision of my life. :)

I can't think of anything more beautiful for me than my wedding day. It really was a gorgeous day but even more beautiful to be in a house of God. To be kneeling across the alter from my best friend and having my grandfather who I loved so dearly be the officiator. To have my parents, both set of grandparents, YW leaders, seminary teachers, best friends and my new in-laws who I loved so dearly all there was perfect. From that moment on our lives changed forever.

We have been blessed beyond measure in our marriage. Most people warned us that the 1st few years would be hard but it never was to me. I do have to say I think a lot of that was because we weren't in school and we were (for the most part) financially stable. At any rate we have very few disagreements (like the time I forgot to mention to Mike that our 2nd cat, that he didn't really want, would cost $100. I made the Johnson's saty at our house till 2am playing games so that maybe when they left he would be to tire to tell me how upset he was... wrong. He had plenty of energy to tell me just how he felt about that. Luckily, we are good at working out our differences and moving on. Now we just laugh about it.) Mike had become my best friend, confidant, travel companion, lover, therapist, guidance councilor, comforter and companion and I wouldn't have it any other way. These are a few of my favorite wedding pictures. They all remind me of song lyrics that describes the way I feel about Mike.




We were strangers starting out on our journey
Never dreaming what we'd have to go through
Now here we are and I'm suddenly standing
At the beginning with you

We were strangers on a crazy adventure
Never dreaming how our dreams would come true
Now here we stand unafraid of the future
At the beginning with you

In the end I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you


And now you're my whole life
now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you, girl
Like a river meets the sea,
stronger than it's ever been.
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then


Well, it's ok. It's so nice
It's just another day in paradise
Well, there's no place that
I'd rather be
Well, it's two hearts
And one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night
For just another day in paradise

I feel so blessed that we can be living our {fairytale} love song together every day. It really does feel like just another day in paradise with my forever love :)

Happy three year anniversary Mikes! I love you!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary you guys! I totally agree, your wedding day was a perfect day. We're so glad to have you as part of the family, Kristin.

    ReplyDelete