Tuesday, August 9, 2011

CT Family Reunion in Island Park ID 2011

One of my favorite parts of our trip out west was the 24 hours I got to spend with this cute little girls (and the rest of her family.) We had a little "CT family reunion" while we were in ID. We met the Stokes at the Johnson's family cabin in Island Park. We had an absolute blast with them. Twenty-four hours wasn't nearly enough time to catch up on all that has happened in the year since the Stokes moved.


K got to have some good bonding time with Uncle Mike and Aunt Kristin.
As well as Aunt Cynda and Uncle Ben. It is hard to believe that she has grown up so much. Last time we saw her she was barley talking and now she is potty trained, talking, and FULL of personality.
The men also enjoyed some bonding time. There was a water trampoline (jumpy) on the lake and they had a lot of fun playing 500 together. I was surprised at how well they could catch the ball while jumping on a trampoline.



The ladies enjoyed bonding in the form of gossip (well not really gossip, just filling each other in on our lives in the past year.) We also got to spend some time with Tucker. It was our first time meeting him and we feel in love. He has the brightest, bluest, most beautiful blue eyes!
Of course it would not have been a real reunion if bocce was not played numerous times.


After a while we decided to take the boat out on the lake for some tubbing.



The Stokes family went first. I was surprised how fast Ben was driving with the little ones on board but they LOVED IT!

Mike and Jared went together and they were hilarious to watch. They were screaming like little girls. They had a ton of fun though and got a lot of air on the tub.
Then Mike and I went. I was a little nervous and 100% sure than Ben was going to try to flip up and I was terrified to be stuck in the lake with who knows what lurking around my feet. I don't know what got into me but I was so scared and ended up almost in tears. It was fun but not being in control of how fast we were going really got to me. I know, I'm a baby.

We stayed up late into the night talking, laughing and reminiscing. I didn't want to go to bed. But for the record. This is what happened when we tried to go to bed. Ben and Cynda shared their room with us and we slept on an air matters on the floor. Long story short 20 minutes later Mike and I ended up on the floor in a completely defaulted air mattress. All while Ben and Cynda slept in there luxurious king size bed soundly beside us. We got a good laugh about it in the morning.





It was really hard to say goodbye to the Stokes. I still get teary thinking about it. We were really lucky that the Johnson's let us crash their family gathering for a day to spend time together. It was just like the good 'ld days when we first moved to CT. What great friends we are blessed to have. Until next year guys! xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment