Tuesday, August 9, 2011

All Good Things Must Come to an End

On the last night we were there we all went out to dinner at a nice restaurant on the resort. The food was delicious! But it was more fun for everyone to sit at the table and talk, tell jokes and laugh.




After dinner we went to a family bar that was having a Karaoke night. Mom and all the kids but Bryant got up and sang. It was fun to watch the audience when Andrew, KT and Liz sang. You just don't expect people to be that good. And they were. Elizabeth sang concrete angel and sounded so good, especially for a 10 year old. Andrew sang "Your Man" which the ladies loved. I sang "Jesus Take the Wheel." I hadn't heard it in a while and started singing the harmony with the back up people. I had to laugh. Of course I would do that. I always sing harmony when I listen to songs on the radio in the car. Luckily I got it together and finished it ok. Mom sang "The Rose" it is her staple Karaoke song. There was another family who had 4 people sing. We sat next to them and joked around with them all night. When we got home it was time to clean up and pack. Which was a harder task for some than others...
Is this not sick? This is the room that my siblings shared. The girls in one bed, the boys in the other and the clothes anywhere they wanted. Mike and I lucked out on our room. It was big, with it's own sitting area and bathroom. Glad we didn't have to share with any of these guys... that could have been ugly... and smelly.

My parents packed the van and left early in the morning. I don't think I have ever been so sad for a vacation to be over. I wasn't just saying by to vacation but to my family. The rest of the morning the house was very quiet, too quiet really. Grandma and Grandpa stayed in the condo next door so I went to say good bye to them, which was also sad. Them Mike and I played one final game of putt-putt and headed to the airport.

We had gone through security, taken the tram to our gate and eaten lunch when Mike realized he had left his Ray Ban Sunglasses in the rental car. Since we had an hour and half before the flight he ran out to see if he could get them. After waiting there for 20 min and Hertz not being able to locate the car he had to come back empty handed. Unfortunately he stood in a long line at security, then it ended up being the wrong line. By the time he went through the right security line and took the tram to the gate he was 5 min from missing the flight. Luckily he made it and we both got home on time but not the sunglasses. They were never able to find the glasses, which means someone {an employee} stole them. How lame! So now we will need to buy another pair, this time we will ensure them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment