Tuesday, August 9, 2011

24 (my age, not the TV show)

I had a really great birthday this year. The day after I got back from FL we had a combined birthday party for myself and two of my friend's husbands. It was so much fun. We had a BBQ and a lot of our friends from church came. Which is always fun to get together with big groups of friends. I felt pretty special to have so many of the people I love like family there.

Of course since we had 3 birthdays we had to have 3 separate cakes. Can you guess which one is mine? What was even better is that they were 3 completely different styles of cake. We had one traditional (mine), one ice cream and one cheesecake. There was certanly something for everyone and they all tasted amazing! Although the heat mixed with the juice in the strawberries kind of made mine look not so great. lol.

All the kids and dads played in the big field together. It was pretty fun to watch. What great dads!

And of course all the moms got to visit with each other. Which was much needed.

Tim's Birthday was June 25th (The day before the party.)
Jordan and I share the same birthday of June 27th (which was the day after the party.)
Also, apparently you are not suppose to sing happy birthday to yourself? hum...


The next day was my actual birthday. I had to go in and babysit in the morning. When I got there they had a balloon out and cupcakes on display. The girls told their mom my favorite flavor of cake is coconut (which is true.) So she bought me a huge macaroon and a coconut cream pie. Sooo thoughtful. Before it was time to go she had the kids sing to me and I blew out candles and they all gave me homemade cards and a gift. I got a gift card for a really nice spa in Darien to get a mani/pedi. So excited to use that! I was totally take back by their generosity. They didn't have to do any of that for me, I have only been sitting for them for a few month. I really lucked out with this babysitting job and plan to do it as long as possible.

That night Mike got home a little early and fixed me a great dinner. He made a great margarita pizza w/ fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil (from our garden.) It was soo delicious. Ben and Cynda came over for my birthday dinner. After we played acquire. It was an aweful game for Mike and I. We basically watched the Johnson's play while we sat cashless on the other side of the table. Hence the fancy message on my yogurt pie "Happy Birthday & Sad Acquire." I really do love Mike's sense of humor. He knows how to make me laugh and get over things fast :)





I felt really lucky to celebrate my birthday 4 times this year and with so many wonderful people! Even Epps loves my birthday, well more like the strong on the balloon I got...

Note to self: Next year for your birthday at least put on make-up ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Cynda is an angel!!!! :)
    Happy birthday! Glad it was a happy one.

    ReplyDelete