Monday, January 31, 2011

Ten


Day 10-Songs you listen to when you're bored, happy, sad, mad, hyped


This is a hard one for me because the music I listen to isn't defined by my mood. When I am bored I get on the computer and spent to much time on facebook, blog stalking you, or looking at vacations or other random things, I don't turn on music. When I'm happy I call Mike and my mom to tell them the reason for my excitement or happiness. When I'm sad I cry, I don't turn on music. When I'm upset I work my problem out or simply stop thinking about why I'm upset, I don't turn on music. When I am hyper... I'm usually with Mike or my friends and I'm not usually listening to music.

However, I LOVE music. I love to sing it! When I am in the car I turn on my favorite country (yes I am a redneck at heart) CD's (since my town has NO country music radio stations.) My favorites are anything Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, Emerson Drive or Taylor Swift. I make my own harmonies and sing my way to work and home. I love singing some good country twang.

When I am at home cleaning you will usually find me listening to my Glee sound track or a random assortment of Broadway show tunes (Wicked, Phantom, Fiddler, and Bye Bye Birdie are some favorites.) When I am home alone I love being a diva. I sing with the biggest voice I can muster, I pretend I'm on stage having my big moment and sometimes I even stop cleaning for my big finish... I'm sure my neighbors love me.

On Sundays I put on my EFY and other church music (usually not the mo tab.) As I make Sunday dinner I sing beautiful prayers to my Father in Heaven. It is usually accompanied with tears and gratitude as music is a way I feel I receive inspiration and answers to prayers. For me singing these songs rededicated me to livings a more Christ centered life and makes me feel gratitude for the blessing I have received.


When I feel like singing I turn on the CD of my High School Choirs tour to Europe. I wish I knew how to put a few songs on my blog so you could hear how good we really were. The music is incredible, the harmonies impressive for a small high school choir and the lyrics are almost all religious which is cool. It also brings back memories of singing in beautiful cathedrals, Abbeys and with the Vienna Boys Choir.


(The Delphian Choral and the Vienna Boys Choir. I'm on the first one of the first girls on the right behind/between the first two boys on the right.)
(Singing at the "The Sounds of Strasbourg {where the Sound of Music takes place} I'm the first girl on the front row on the right and my brother is the first boy on the front row on the left.)

And finally when I am at work babysitting I sing Disney Princess songs ALL three hours. Both the little boy and the girl love the songs and insist I sing them. It is kind of funny actually how much they love them and listening to them on a CD isn't good enough. Luckily we all know how much I love the Disney Princesses, so it doesn't bother me. When their grandma visits she request that I sing the songs and now has even moved into Broadway show tunes. It is slightly awkward being put on the spot to sing and I feel like I can't say no. Luckily I am comfortable enough with my voice that I don't mind at all. I'll sing all day if someone sits there and praises my work :)


2 comments:

  1. Cute! I wish we lived closer and we could pretend we are on stage together. I used to do that a lot, but not as much anymore...I need to! It used to make me so happy! I would love to hear you sing someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I sing like crazy around the house too. But mostly I dance around like a fool. But when I sing I'm not confident in my voice. haha! Ok, so what is this daily post (days 1-10 or whatever) about? I see everyone doing it.

    ReplyDelete