Saturday, January 29, 2011

Eight

Day 8-Short term goals for this month and when you'll accomplish them
For the past year I have been serving as an advisor in the Young Women's organization. I've spent most of my time with the beehives (12-13 year olds) teaching on Sundays. This past Sunday I was called as 2nd Counselor in the YW Presidency and will continue working with the beehives in a more personal way. Since receiving this new calling I have had my desire to earn my personal progress award (again.) renewed. How can I tell the girls what an amazing program this is and how it will bring them nearer to their Father in Heaven if I'm not actively working on it. I've competed about 4 goals so far this month.

The goal I have been working on for the past two weeks is Individual Worth #3 : "Read Doctrine and Covenants 18:10 and 121:45. Do all you can to build others and make them feel of worth. Every day for two weeks notice the worthwhile qualities and attributes of others. Acknowledge them verbally or in writing. In your journal write what you have learned about the worth of individuals and how your own confidence grows when you build others."

I have been doing it for the past two weeks and should complete it tomorrow. However, I think I want to work on it another week. Building people up is a wonderful skill to have and I want to really polish it before checking it off.

I have to take a minute to tell anyone who is reading how wonderful the personal progress program is. ALL of you should get your own PP book (or go here for an online version) and start working on it. You don't have to be a young women to receive the award. I can't tell you how much closer I feel to my Savior when I am working consistently on my PP. The goals you set, the scriptures and talks you read and the experiences you will have are truly a way to walk beside the Savior. As a teenager my testimony was formed by doing PP and as a young adult it is being strengthened and fortified! I know my Savior lives, He knows me personally, He loves me. He wraps his arms around me when I'm a depressed, lonely, sad or struggling. He rejoices in my successes and righteous decisions. He is the way back to live with our Heavenly Father and Himself one day and I will do all I can to live my life as he did his.

On a slightly unrelated note my other goal this month is to go to the gym 3 days a week and to do push up/sit ups every morning. I've been doing this for the past few weeks but want to continue it in the month of Feb.


No comments:

Post a Comment