Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy 2011 (12 days late!)

We spent our new years in Ohio this year. We drove home on Wed Dec 29th and left on Sunday Jan 2nd. It took us about 8 1/2 hours to get there and 7 1/2 hours to get home. (I don't know how that works.) At any rate it was a fun, but quick trip.

We watched the ball drop with my family at home. I have to say New Years Eve is pretty anti-climactic for me. So what the clock strikes midnight and all 8 of us cheer have some bubbly then what? I fall asleep because its already 2 1/2 hours past my bedtime. Oh well maybe we'll do it in Time Square next year and we'll see how I feel about it then.
Andrew came home from his party with his friends to watch the ball drop with us. Then he went back to hang out with his friends. Way to balance family and friends Andy!
Grandma and Grandpa came up from Columbus to spend the weekend with us. I LOVE them!
Mike and I with our bubbly.
Katie having more than her fair share!
On New Years day we all went bowling. Mike promised Andrew that if could beat him he would give him $5. Mike won the first game and Andrew won the second so Andrew got some cash after all.
My mom and sisters. Which one of these is not like the other? Liz is the only brunet girl in the family.
Siblings (- Bry)
We also played a lot of games while I was at home. Dad was pretty frustrated while playing settlers... but it turns out he won.
It got pretty intense at times.
And of course when you hang with Andrew you get very few serious moments... I sure love this kid!
It was a great time but we were sad to have to leave so soon. The good news is I'll be back in March to see them AND BRYANT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment