Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day - Round 2


I am learning that when you work at a school snow is your friend! And we got plenty of it last night. We woke up to about a foot of snow this morning. School was cancelled and Mike couldn't even try to go to work until they plowed out driveway. So we made omelets and hot coco and watched the morning news together. It was so nice! After shoveling for about an hour Mike had dug our cars out and he we off to work. What did I do with my day off? I didn't leave the couch! I have to say working from 7:45am-8:30pm is killing me. I'm so tired every day and I've only been doing it for a week and a half! So I needed the day to veg out and do NOTHING! I'm guessing that I'm getting a really good idea of what Motherhood is like though. Not much sleep, long days, not much is getting done at home, my patience is very thin by the end of the day and phrases like "No that's yucky" are used more frequently than I should!



On a brighter note. I'm working my hardest to convince mike that we need to go on another cruise in March! All this snow is really helping my case! And the fact I'm working my butt off doing two jobs doesn't hurt either. There is no place I'd rather be right now than on one of the islands in the southern Caribbean. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Maybe I'll be sipping a pina colada {virgin} in 2 months from now on here {St. Thomas.}


1 comment:

  1. So when I first read this, I thought you were saying vegging out on the couch all day was you glance into motherhood, and I was thinking, "Oh, Kristin, you are in for a rude awakening someday!" Then I realized what you were saying, and I am pretty sure you hit the nail on the head : )
    P.S. I like your bangs (read this with a Mexican accent)

    ReplyDelete