Saturday, January 8, 2011

Goodbye 2010

I know this year in review thing is a few days late, but seeing as I'm working 12 hours a day I feel like I'm doing good to even post it!

2010 was a great year for Mike and I. As I thought about all we have done and learned this year I feel really blessed for all the Lord has given to us. As well as the lessons we have learned.

January
(I picked this picture so the family could get another laugh out if it :)
- We rang in 2010 with Mikes Family in Utah.
- I started my last class online.
February
- It snowed a lot...
-Mike and I went on a fabulous cruise to the western Caribbean where we swam with Dolphins and sting rays, laid on the beach, zip lined and ate more than we should have.

March
-Mikes Brother and his family came to visit us
-We had a huge wind storm that caused major damage and knocked power out for a lot of people for 4 days. We were lucky to have had power the whole time.
-The butt cake was invented and enjoyed.
April
-Mike's sister Becca and her then boyfriend (now husband) Aaron came to visit us. We love having our family around!
-I finished my last class and Graduated with a BS in General Studies from BYU-Idaho.
-Mikes work league basketball team won the championship!
May
-I ran my 1st 5K race
-Met Martha Stewart at a book signing
June
-Went to my first yankees game
-Spent a weekend in Cape Cod (where it rained the whole time)
-Went home to Ohio
-Went on a road trip with mom and two sisters. We drove to Utah while stopping in Nauvoo, IL and Independence MO.
-My dad joined us in Utah. We stayed with Mike's Family and I was able to spend a lot of quality time with BOTH my families!
-Then we drove all the way back to Ohio
July
-Mike drove to Ohio to spend the 4th of July with my family
-I ran another 5k with my brother and sister on the 4th of July.
-Said a really sad goodbye to our good friends Lindsey, Jared and Kerrigan Stokes.
-I officially quit my job as a nanny

(We miss you guys!!)
August
-We traveled to Utah for Becca's wedding
-We went to Aspen Grove for a week with Mike's whole family
-Mike and I climbed Mt. Timpanogus
-Learned that unemployment isn't all it is cracked up to be

September
-Looked for a job
-Interviewed for jobs
-We broke our contract with our apartment complex to move 2 blocks down to a town home (which we love)
-My childhood best friend Brittany came to NYC and I was able to hang out with her in the city
-My mom came at the end of the month and we had a perfect NYC day complete with "Wicked" lottery tickets!

October
-Went home to Ohio
-Sang my High School alma matter at a football game with other Alumni members of my high school choir
-Started working as a Substitute at a Private School in the area.
-Was brave enough to have 8 beehives over for an activity one friday night
-Went to my first Knicks basketball game
November
-Started babysitting weeknights for a family in the area
-Went to the Regis and Kelly Show
-Went to the Martha Stewart Show
-Hosted another Thanksgiving dinnerDecember
-Attended the Rockefeller Center Tree Lightning
-Got offered a full time Teachers Assistant job at the school starting in Jan.
-Hosted my first Christmas Dinner
-Got snowed in for Mikes Birthday
-Drove home to Ohio to celebrate New Years

What a great year and even better that I got to spend it with my best friend. Here's to a fantastic 2011!!

1 comment:

  1. Love that year in review. your 2010 was a busy year with new jobs :)

    ReplyDelete