Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blizzard # 3

Well this is what I woke up to this morning... another 15.5 inches of snow. This is Blizzard # 3 of the winter... I'm sooo over the snow!! Here is a little tour of what you might see if you were around the Stamford area this morning!
Yes, that does say 15.5 inches... sick
We had a small pathway to civilization
Where the sidewalk ends...
At least its pretty to look at
One of the main roads in Stamford still snowy at 9am
I tried to measure the size of the mounds of snow but it wouldn't go down all the way. You can see it is over 3ft.
Our condo behind all the snow covered trees
This was our task at hand this morning. You can't really see it but my car on the end is kind of stuck behind the huge mound.
We also aren't able to take out our trash...
Mike and I's hard work shoveling around and moving my car.
You can see how big this mound is ... maybe 10 feet?
So happy that after an hour and a half we are finally done shoveling ourselves out!
Bad news: more snow tomorrow night and Saturday ... AND another storm next week... is there no rest for the weary?!?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! And I thought we were getting a lot of snow... It is pretty to look at though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! That is absolutely crazy! I'm glad it's been a pretty mild winter here in Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Thomas always says, "no rest for the wicked, and the righteous don't need any!" So you're good, you righteous chica you!

    Man, that is a LOT of snow though. As much as I miss you, I'm not sad that I'm not in CT right now. LOL! Beacuse you know if I were still nannying, they would have expected me in to work anyway.

    I hope you don't have to dig out again anytime soon! Makes you glad you're cruising soon, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so much snow! The only part about it that I envy is that sometimes you guys get days off work because of it. We haven't gotten enough snow here for anyone to get off work, and I wish it would so I wouldn't have to be home by myself!

    ReplyDelete