Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mike's Birthday (a few days later)


I felt so bad about the way we spent Mike's Birthday this year (snowed in and alone.) That I have been trying pretty hard to make up for it the past few days. On Thursday night we went to dinner at Red Robin with my grandparents, brother and some extended family. We told our server it was Mike's birthday and they brought him a sundae and sang him a birthday song. It was pretty nice.

Mike with his sundae and balloons
The hubby and I
Two of my absolute favorite guys ever (brother Andrew and Mikes)
Kim and I. We figured out that Kim is my second cousin once removed. I really love spending time with her but don't get to do it to often. When I got stuck in Denver a few winters ago I stayed with my Uncle and Aunt who Kim was renting a room from. She hung out with me the whole 3 days I was there. She took me to the mall, red robin and to the theater to see a performance of "A Christmas Carol." She is also way funny and pretty cool. So I was pretty excited to catch up with her!
My Grandma and her cousin Cindy. (Cindy is the mother of Kim.)

After spending the night out celebrating Mike's birthday I still felt we were missing a birthday cake and formal gifts. So I made a double layered rainbow chip cake. I thought it turned out pretty well. I would really love to learn how to decorate cakes.
About to blow out candles.

And he blows them out all in one big breath!
I'm really excited to play family feud on the Wii
Mike and his birthday gifts.
So after 2 whole days of celebration I think we have finally made up for not having the best birthday this past Sunday. We are having fun in Ohio. I'm not ready to go home to CT and go back to working my life away. Oh well, such is life. I've been thinking about my new years resolution these past few days so I'll have to write those down soon.

2 comments:

  1. GLad you're having fun in OH! Cool that you were able to drag out the birthday celebrations:) I don't know if you're back yet or not, but be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am not quite sure if you knew this....but Family Fued is one of my favorite games. Therefore I am really excited to come over and play. And I am glad you are back now.

    ReplyDelete