Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 8- Thursday June 27th, 2013 - Paris



Happy Birthday to me!! Today I woke up and my mom had bought me my favorite peach yogurt from Leder Price to have for breakfast. We got ready quickly and walked over to the community center to wait for Mandy's French class. They were going on a group tour of the Louve and invited us to join. Of course it was all in French which initially didn't seem so bad. But after a long day at Disney the day before, not enough sleep and a little bout of morning sickness it was no longer a good idea. It was frustrating to not know what I was looking at and I was to tired and sick to care even if it was in English. We did see a cool Babaloynian piece that had writing on it that was I think 3,000 years old. We also saw the Napoleon apartments. The Louve use to be one of the private residences of Napoleon (I think, remember the tour guide  was speaking in French.) anyways it has the same kind of decor and feeling as Versailles.  After the tour ended we pushed through the massive crowds to see the Mona Lisa. The crowd was so big it was nuts! I didn't even go up to see it. I took a picture last year and that picture was good enough for me. Lol. I was tired of being touched, pushed around and walking. Every step was precious to me and I was only taking the ones that were essential. After that we raced out of there. We headed to the Eiffel Tower and had lunch at this pizza place by the metro. I had said no pasta till Italy but I was so hungry and it looked so good I ordered some spaghetti and my mom and sister had pizza. I totally made the wrong call and spent the whole time wishing I had a pizza too, the pasta was gross. After lunch we headed to the Eiffel Tower and this time it was open! Yay! So we got in line on the east side (which is said to have a shorter line.) We waited about an hour to get our tickets. Then maybe only 10 Min to get from the middle to the tippy top. I have to admit I was a little scared when we reached the very, very top. It was so high and you realize it's not like a heave concrete sky scraper it's just a bunch of metal pieces. It was swaying in the wind and it had my heart racing. It always amazes me when I have these reactions to heights. I never thought my fear of heights would have me all anxious about this kind of stuff. Even the elevator ride to the tippy top made me nervous. When the elevator opened I was happy it was in an enclosed area. Then we saw the stairs that went up to the very top and that was were it was crazy busy and only partially enclosed. People were pushing and being rude and I almost lost it on them. I was all for getting a few pictures then getting down. We made it back to the middle level and then took a few more pictures. Then we got completely down and headed back to Mandy's. We stopped at the grocery store, Carrfore, on the way home to get some things for my birthday dinner. However, when we got back to Mandy's she had already made us the meal we told her we were planning to make.  It was delicious. The day before she and my mom lovingly made me a coconut cake from scratch (my favorite.) So we had that for dessert along with mint chocolate chip ice cream. Yumm. I was so happy to get a cake with candles and everything this year. Last year I think I had a stale donut from the grocery store in London at 10:30 and Mike refused to preform a solo of happy birthday for me. Lol anyways we spent the night being entertained by Amelie and her dancing and signing. She gave me the cutest birthday gifts, a hat, a homemade necklace, and a watch. Very thoughtful. I was happy to get to get to bed though. Katie and I feel asleep watching Peter Pan. We were in the mood for an old Disney classic.





































No comments:

Post a Comment