Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 10 - Saturday July 29th, 2013 - Paris

Saturday

I was so excited and anxious for Mike to come today. This morning seemed to pass so slowly. Amelie had her schools Carimess today. It is like a school fundraiser set up like a circus. The students come to the school yard and they have lots of carnival games set up. Each student plays the game and gets a signature. Once they complete all the games they win a small prize. While this is going on there is essentially a bake sale table set up with drinks to purchase as well as a place to buy sausages and fries. All of it is very reasonably priced so that is how the school makes money. The sausages were seriously bright red and I couldn't for the life of me bring myself to try them. I'm already sensitive with meats and first trimester pregnancy has not helped things. I people watched as well as cheered Amelie on in her games. She's such a sweet little girl. Then around 1:15 I headed back to the apartment to wait for Mike. His plane landed at one so I figured he would get there by 2maybe. When he wasn't there by 2:30 I started to panic a little. I was about to call the 24 hour emergency hotline for the transfer company when the driver called to let me know he had dropped Mike off. I was so happy and relieved to see him. I guess his luggage was the last one on the belt and traffic was bad. We were both anxious to get into the city. It was already 3 and we had a lot to do. First stop was the Notre Dame. Along the way  there we got distracted by some crepes. I tried a sugar one while Mike ordered a Nutella and banana one. I think he approved of his first Perisan crepe. Along the way we also saw some gypsies and I warned Mike about them. The rest of the day when he spotted them he wanted to watch them. When we got to ND we didn't go inside because the line was so long. Plus mikes not a church, museum history kind of guy (which is fine with me.) So I gave him a quick summary of the Rick Steve's version then we walked down to the lock bridge and added our lock to the lot. I think Mike enjoyed it and was impressed I brought one from home. It was one where you set your own combination. So I set it as the babies due date. Then we wrote Mike, Kris, Baby= Love. How sweet. Then I took him down to one of my favorite parts of Paris, the Latin Corner. I love all the restaurants and stands. It has such a cool vibe and its almost hidden from everyone else. I took him back to the gyro stand (which I think Europeans call them kababs) and we ordered one. Thankfully we shared, those things are huge! But man are they good! Them we for on the metro to go to the Louvre no time to take a stroll do the river. We took some pictures them were off to the
Arch. Took a few more pictures here then back in the metro to the EIffle Tower. I tried getting off at a different stop that time and I really liked it. It let us out at my favorite place to take pictures with the tower as a backdrop. The area was super busy and I swear we saw some pickpoketers casing us. We took a while trying to get the right photos and a few people volunteered to help take one of us together which was great! After pictures we decided not to wait in line to go up to the top of the tower. Instead we had a rest on the lawn. Poor mike was so tired. Then I forced him awake and we set off for the Metro to head back to Mandys. We only spend 5 hours in Paris but we saw a lot together. Our driver was scheduled to come at 5am the next morning so we had to get up super early. That made me fell better about not staying at the tower longer.We enjoyed a delicious, tart, raspberry frozen yogurt we were went back to the metro heading to Cretiel for the last time.



















No comments:

Post a Comment