Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 3 - Saturday June 22nd, 2013 -London



Today we woke up super late and had to run out the door to breakfast before it closed. It wasn't the best way to start the day as I was already so tired when I woke up. Katie wanted to do some shopping so naturally we hit up Oxford street. She wanted to go to Top Shop, it was HUGE. They had a bakery and froze yogurt stand inside. I feel like my stomach is quite round at the moment (and know it will just get bigger and bigger.) So I wasn't really in the mood to shop for myself, not to mention it all seemed quite expensive after you converted it from the GBP to the USD. After we finished there we went to Primark, which is basically like a cheaper version of forever 21. That store was massive. It was 4 HUGE floors of clothing, shoes, and accessory. Which is basically Katie's dream come true and my nightmare realized. I kind of followed them around like a lost puppy or dedicated boyfriend. It was quite exhausting, all two hours of it. I couldn't believe how much time or money she spent in that store.  Unfortunately her shopping spree cost us our trip back to Trafaulger square to see this fun broadway expedition they had going on. I was pretty bummed, but happy Katie was able to do something she enjoyed.

We headed back to the hotel and made Katie stay with all our shopping bags while mom and I ran down the street to get a delicious burrito from this Mexican place called Taquito. Then we packed away our burritos to eat on the train to Paris. We repacked our bags to fit all of our new purchases then headed to Kings Cross/ St. Pancras to catch the Eurostar. This next part of our trip was very... Well adventurous. We had to wheel our huge suitcases (my mom had a big suitcase and a small suitcase) down steps and up escalators. At first it wasn't that bad but after a while my arms started to burn and my shoulder hurt like crazy. We took the underground to the train station. We got off and wheeled our things to platform 9  3/4 to get a picture. When Mike and  I went last year there was no line, this time it was like a half our long. We were afraid we weren't going to be able to do it. But when I went up to ask the worker if we'd have enough time someone in the front told us we could go in front of them. It was so kind! We got our picture and ran to the other train station to catch the Eurostar. I don't know why but I was surprised with all the security to get on. It makes sense, since we were entering another country and all. Anyways the train ride went by really fast. We ate our burritos {finally} and then I napped until we got there. Then the real adventure began. The metro system is not as nice in Paris, no escalators, only stairs. I can't even begin to tell you what a scene the three of us made carrying our things down, then up, then down the stairs again. We had to transfer trains once and the station we got out on had a ridiculous amount of steps. We hulled the suitcases up the stairs walked 10 yards then had to haul then back down the stairs. Walked 15 yards and saw yet again another set of stairs. It was so ridiculous we just laughed. Then a kind group of strangers came along and helped us carry our things down not one, not two, but three MORE flights of steps before we reached our platform. Lucky for us it was 9:30 pm and the metro wasn't crowded so on our ride to Mandy's we were able to sit. When we got to Cretiel Mandy and her family met us at the metro and walked back to their apartment with us. We stayed up far later then we should have visiting and getting situated. By the time we got into bed it was 1am.... another jet lag fail..


















No comments:

Post a Comment