Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Sitting court side Knicks and Nets give me high fives"

We have lived here for two years and we still haven't been to a basketball game or even an event at madison square gardens yet. We figured it was time to rectify that situation and went to the Knicks and Nets preseason game last night. We wanted to drive since taking the train would have been $40. We also wanted to park close to the stadium vs our normal spot close to the temple. We have driven in Manhattan before its never been that bad, but last night it was scary. I couldn't figure out why so many people were walking across the street and the amount of cars was tons more than we'd ever seen, and they were vicious! Then the things around me begin to become noticeable, and I put the cross streets together and I realize... WE ARE IN TIME SQUARE!! It was pretty scary. But we got there and back all in one piece!
Mike driving through Time Square
The Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden

Mike and I
Lisa and Moroni who joined us
The players
The dance team
The half time show: Wheel chair basketball, very inspiring!
The final score KNICKS WIN!!

It was a lot of fun and I hope we make it to a few more games this season!

1 comment: