Friday, October 8, 2010

Ohio in October


Mom and I drove home to Ohio on Monday (Sept 27th) and I think Abby (my dog) was the most excited to see me. Just Kidding... but is still amazes me how she remembers that she likes me even when I'm away from months as a time. When I get home to the cats after being gone for a week they just stare at me like "What am I suppose to care you're back?" lol

Tuesday I returned to my old high school NPHS to sing in my old women's choir, Ladies Ensemble. It is the elite women's choir that I was in all 4 years of high school. My sister Katie is now in it and they are working on a collection of christmas music we preformed every year. Even though my old choir director isn't teaching there anymore the new director invited me me one day I was home. It was pretty cool. Although the girls thought I was a new student at first. I was amazed at how quickly the words and notes came back to me. It was almost like I was transported through time and was back in 6th period singing my heart out. Good memories. After my mom and I went to Canton to do some errands. While out I was asked (by the lady at Joe-Anns) if I was going to homecoming and (by the man at costco) why I wasn't in school! So three times in one day I was thought to be a high schooler!! UGH! That night I went with my dad to his "Fit for Life" class. It was really cool. He is such a smart guy and a talented teacher/speaker. He re-opened my eyes to the things we eat and Mike and I have been trying really hard to eat what will keep us healthy! My dad showed us these heart. The small one is from a healthy person and the large one is what most of our hearts will look like if we don't stop eating high fructose corn syrup, enriched wheat flour and hydrogenated and partly hydrogenated oils. No more boxed foods for us... just homemade, from the garden stuff. lol. It's a lot harder than it sounds... but the research and the notes my dad has is slightly terrifying! So we are trying.
Wednesday my mom and I went to Zanesville to visit my moms parents (momma bear and papa bear.) I didn't get any pictures, but it was a nice visit. We went out to the Golden Corral and spent 2 hours grazing on the food there... yes even after my new resolve to eat better and be healthy. LOL. That night I went to my dads Kangen Water meeting. It is his "miracle water" that my family is so into. I have to admit it is pretty cool stuff and if we had $3,000-$4,000 to drop on a water machine we would. My dad actually featured in a DVD the company put together. I was a cool meeting and opened my eyes to how important acid food/water and alkaline food/water is. Maybe one day we'll be lucky enough to afford one.

Thursday I went out to Amish country with my mom and her good friend. I love Amish country and it was good to get to sample some awesome treats and pick up some good priced spices and wheat germ. After we got home I got into the attic and got down all my old pictures and journals. What a blast from the past! It was sooo much fun to re-read then and to laugh at my silly younger self. I'll have to post some of the funnier ones. That night I went to another class my dad teaches but this one was on stress relief and being healthy. It was pretty cool, as usual.

Friday after more journal reading and picture sorting I went to the high school football game. It was homecoming so the Alumni of our elite chamber choir, Delphian Choral, was invited to sing at the game. This choir is really special to me. I traveled to Chicago, New York and Europe with them. Also both of my brothers (and my sis is a shoe in for next year when she is old enough) have been/are in the choir so it's something we all share. But the really exciting part was my choir director from when I was in school was the guest director. It was so cool to sing next to old friends, with my choir director in the football stadium on a beautiful fall day. There is seriously nothing like a Friday night at an ohio high school football game. And until you have lived in Ohio, Texas or Fl (the three biggest states for high school football) you can't really understand what that feels like... but I have a whole other post for that :)
(The whole Choir my brother is in the back row, 5th one in on the left with a black hoddie over his head.)
"Hail to thee our Alma Mater...Hail to they we sing...
"Hear they loyal sons and daughters praise to thee we bring..."
"Red and black our banner or us, love for thee shall never fail...
In the past and in the future....
Philly High... All hail... hail all hail!"
My brother Andrew we was also on the homecoming court and the football team (but couldn't play because of a stress fracture.)

Later that night I went out to Applebee's (one of the only restaurants in town) with some of my old friends.. another high school tradition. It was so fun to catch up with everyone. Especially my old director Mrs. MD
(My old choir director)
(old friends)

Saturday we hung out and watched some college football. That night was homecoming so we went to get picture with Andrew and his Date Emily and all their friends. They looked great!
These kids have been best friends since middle school. Andrew loves them and I'm glad he has such great friends who respect his values and standards.
The boys... please note Andrews boot...lol.
Kissing on my baby brother
Andre and Emily
I was sooo excited to see Paige at the picture taking. She is my brother Bryant's old girlfriend who my whole family loves and misses now that she is in college at Miami of Ohio! I just LOVE her!!
(Sister katie)
(Dad and his three girlies)
That night we played board games till it was time for bed. I left at 4am Sunday morning.

It was seriously a blast from the past weekend. I called Mike one night and admitted I had forgotten that I was a 23 year old married women. I felt like I was back in high school all week going through all those pictures, journals and old rituals. I also realized I hadn't been home in the fall since 2004 when I was actually in high school so maybe that was it. It was a good time, but I'm glad to be back in my new Home in CT with my husband and kitties :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww how fun!! I have to say... I LOVE that red sweater and belt!! It looks soo good on you!!

    ReplyDelete