Sunday, October 24, 2010

Beehives and Cupcakes

On Friday I had my Beehive class over to the house for a Halloween Party. I think it was a success. The girls seemed to really enjoy themselves. We stared off the evening making mummy pizza's . You cut english muffins in half, put pizza sauce on them, peel string cheese to look like the wrappings and you can use olives as the eyes, but I use mini pepperoni. They are a pretty tasty little treat.

After pizza we moved to dessert. I had the table set with tons of candy to decorate cupcakes with. I thought I would have a ton of candy left over... boy was I wrong... they used it all and made some pretty cute cupcakes!



(These are the ones I did before the girls got there to give them an idea of what to do)
I love this picture for some reason.


After the cupcakes I had the girls make "Halloween/we miss you" cards for an inactive beehive. They turned out really cute.

Finally, it was time to settle them down so we put on Hocus Pocus. One of my favorites! A lot of the girls hadn't seen it before so they were way into it.
By 10:15 the house was clean and the girls were gone. Not to shabby. I really enjoyed having them in my home and being able to get to know them all a little better. These are some seriously good youth. I'm so grateful that I get to be part of the Young Womens program. I hope I can be an influence for good on these girls as my YW leaders were for me!

PS- The only down fall to the party (as Mike will say) was 8 beehives + candy = lots of giggles and squeals and NO Studying! lol. Poor guy.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Your cupcakes are so cute!
    Being in the YW's Pres was my favorite calling!

    ReplyDelete