Friday, August 24, 2012

4 years of wedded bliss


 Yesterday Mike and I celebrated our four year wedding anniversary. I feel the same way every time we celebrate an anniversary, "I can't believe it's been __ years!" Time continues to fly by and I continue to fall more in love with my husband every day. I love our marriage, we have really learned a lot about communication, trust and showing love for one another since we have been married.

I always look forward to celebrating our anniversary. I love thinking of creative ways to show Mike that I love him or plan a romantic dinner/date. This year was no different, the only problem was I was home sick with strep throat. Well I actually came down with strep on Saturday night and starting taking medicine Sunday. However, strep is not something that goes away in a day or two. It takes over a week to feel like you are back to normal again. So as our anniversary drew near I began to panic because I didn't have anything planned and I felt like just laying in bed with a good movie and box of tissues. But my love for Mike overcame and I searched the internet for some good ideas. I found one then set out to get everything I needed for it. This year I got Mike not one gift but 13! And I didn't spend a ton of money doing it either. I thought of things he mentioned he needed, or would eventually spend money to buy. On each gift I attached a note explaining why I got it for him. Then I wrapped all the gifts in pink and green (our wedding colors) and wrote a time at which he was to open that gift. Each time was on the 4's of the hour to commemorate our 4 years of marriage.

That morning before he left for work at 8:04 I gave him a card with a Robeks gift card in it (in the UK the traditional 4th year anniversary gift is fruit, so I figured Robeks smoothies counted as fruit.) It explained what he needed to do and told him the gifts were already in a box in his car. I was so excited each time he texted me telling me how much he liked his gift. 

 So what did I come up with for gifts, some were more creative than others, but I was pleased with them.
9:04 - Lent rollers because he hates getting to work and finding cat hair on him.
10:04 - His favorite granola bars, he can always use a mid morning snack.
11:04 - Message in a bottle. Mike and I were married at 10:30 so I thought I would give him a nice love letter around that time. I used an empty Martinelli bottle and put my love letter inside.
12:04 - Subway gift card, he works close to one and always goes there if he needs lunch.
1:04 - King size kit kat, his favorite candy bar for dessert
2:04 - Movie tickets that he can use to choose any movie he'd like to see, not hesitation from me.
3:04 -Tennis balls, all of his are loosing there bounce
4:04 - Toy football, he loves these and I figured he needed something at work he could toss around when he needed a quick break.
5:04 - Jar full of kit-kats - Who doesn't want a jar of their favorite treat at their desk?
6:04 - nail clippers, he is always asking me for mine so I got him his own pair.
7:04 - Tickets to the US Open. He opened these at dinner.



After work Mike picked me up and took me to a fancy dinner at Capitol Grill downtown. They even have valet parking which I love! I also loved that our table had confetti hearts on it and an anniversary card that all the servers had signed. The food was to die for, well I think it was at least. The big bummer is that my sinuses are so messed up from my strep that I have lost most of my sense of smell which also means me sense of taste. However, Mike really enjoyed his meal, especially the parmesan truffle french fries. Those were delish, even I could tell they were to die for.

   

 
  
 



 Mike also did a great job on his gift to me this year. He gave me this bag that said "I love you with all my senses." Inside there was a poem and then five gifts. Each gift had something to do with one of the 5 senses.

Taste the gift was wrapped up and said "My first "taste" of forever was when I married you" and inside was a gift card to my favorite lunch place, Panera bread.

Smell - "I love the smell of coming home after you have so lovingly made a great meal." Inside was some money and it said "enjoy the scent of the $$ before you spend it on the clothes of your choice"
Touch- "Your touch makes me feel warm and loved!" Gift of fuzzy socks!
Sound- "I love the sound of your voice and even more when you sing!" A coupon to listen to the subtle sound of him folding 4 loads of laundry of my choice.
Sight- "It was love at first sight in the Rexburg Temple." A nice necklace that he thought would look nice on me.

I LOVED it! He did such a good job. I love it when he puts thought into the things he does for me. It means the world and it makes me feel even more loved. Another great anniversary!








No comments:

Post a Comment