Sunday, September 2, 2012

Back to School


This week I went back to school. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. It is always hard to say goodbye to the summer, but I had such a packed summer I wanted a little more time at home to enjoy the nice weather and friends. I was however, excited to see my coworkers and get back into a routine, even an exhausting, crazy one. 

The first week of school for teachers is full of staff development meetings, organizing the classrooms, preparing for the students, lesson prep, free meals from the PTO and a few more meetings. I really enjoyed some of the staff meeting we had. I work with a lot of really well educated, knowledgeable professional and it always inspires me to continue with my education in the field. This year the school is also providing each class with five iPads. I can't wait to explore all the cool education apps and use the iPad for teaching and enrichment activities. 

I have been moved up this year. The past two years I have spent in a Pre-Kindergarten classroom, but this year I will be working in Kindergarten. It is an exciting change and I am looking forward to it. The teacher I will be working with is incredible. She has been teaching for several years and is so organized and creative in her teaching methods. I am really anxious to learn all I can from her. Our class size is really small this year, which is really nice. When you have less students you are able to spent more time with them individually covering the material. That in turn allows them to learn the material quicker so you can cover more over the course of the year. I have a few students in my class this year that were in my class last year. That will be fun since I already have a good rapport with them and enjoy them. 

I'm really happy with the way our room turned out. Now all we need are some students to fill it. They come on Tuesday and then the real fun begins. In a few months I may need to be reminded that I was really anxious for the school year to begin. However, for right now, I can't wait till Tuesday. 





 
  
 

 



 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment