Monday, August 20, 2012

Off to Utah


 I got home from Europe on Monday night and by Friday afternoon I was on my way to Utah. I had just enough time at home to unpack my suitcase, wash the clothes inside it, then repack my suitcase, but I'm not complaining. Saturday we went to the Farmington Festival days parade. Mike's family has been going for year and usually at least one family member is participating in the parade. Our nieces and nephews were there with their grocery bags ready to catch some candy. I was surprised when most of them left with their bags full of parade candy and trinkets.

That afternoon we went to Primary Children's hospital to visit our nephew new Jackson. There were a few complications during Jackson's birth that lead to him being lift flighted to Primary Children's in SLC. It was our first experience visiting a baby in the NICU. We had to scrub down pretty good and only two people were allowed to see him at once. He was pretty swollen from all the medication he was give, but it was still love at first sight. (Now he is home with his mom and dad happy and healthy, he is a fighter for sure.)




 After visiting Jackson we headed downtown to the Joseph Smith Memorial building where we attended Mikes 10 year class reunion. It was fun to meet some of Mike's friends from high school. I was grateful that he had a twin sister who also attended the reunion with us. It was nice to at least know a few people there besides Mike.




 After this reunion it was off to Bear lake for another reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment