Monday, August 20, 2012

Bear Lake: Jenson Family reunion 2012


 I had never been to Bear Lake before so I was really excited to visit some place new. We got in very late Saturday night and we were awoken very early on Sunday morning. The nieces and nephews were excited to be reunited and got a jump start on the day. They were enjoying the big play room with basketball court, trampoline, jungle gym and putting green. They also had fun sliding down the slides that connected each level of the house and the small climbing walls. It was a kids dream house and in turn a parents dream since the kids were happy and occupied. We spend a lazy morning together catching up and eating a delicious dutch oven breakfast. We went to church that afternoon and it was packed!! I am guessing most of the people in attendance were visitors but oh my goodness! They even had all the classrooms open and people inside of them listening to the meeting. After church we all crammed into the theater room and watched home videos of Mike and his siblings as youngsters. It was a lot of fun to see him as a little guy and see some of the budding personality traits that are still very prevalent. He was an adorable little kid.







 

Monday we all headed to some caves in Idaho (they were about 20 minutes away.) There were some pretty friendly chipmunks in the parking lot when we arrived. In true Mike fashion he found some food and began feeding them, it was a huge hit with the kids, and the chipmunks. It provided a good 15 minutes of free entertainment. 


It was pretty cool to go inside the cave.It is pretty interesting to think about how these caves are formed and how beautiful they are on the inside. I do have to admit that I was a little nervous that the whole thing was going to collapses on us at any minute, I didn't like the feeling of being trapped. It was still a lot of fun and I would love to explore other caves in the future.

 







After the caves we got some famous Raspberry shakes. Not to shabby, but I am still a die hard strawberry shake kind of gal. My favorite part of the day was when the adults got a little restless and wanted to find something to do. We decided to play a game of good old fashion sardines (you know hide and seek but where one person hides and everyone else looks and when you find them you hide with them.) We had so much fun!  Since the house was so big there were lots of good places to hide, and let me tell you once you get 6 hot bodies crammed in a tiny closet, it gets hot, really, really hot!



 (Love seeing Mike with the little ones)

 (Seriously a beautiful view from our deck. The lake is gorgeous!)

 (A few of my nephews love giving back rubs- I wasn't going to argue with that. 
Then my little nieces loved playing with my hair.)


Tuesday was a lake day. I didn't grow up doing water sports like Mike did. I don't know how to water ski, or wakeboard. And more than that I don't swim in lakes, it makes me nervous and the water is usually colder than I would like. So this was my first real experience at a lake and it was quite lovely. I went out on the boat and watched Mike jet ski and wakeboard. Then Mike took me out on a jet ski and taught me how to drive it. That was a lot of fun, I look forward to doing that again sometime soon. The rest of the time we spend on the beach with the family. It was fun watching the kids play in the sand, they were a mess, but that't how you know it was a good day.











 (Mike teaching his Nephew how to pitch. It was really cute to watch.
 He is dying to have a son as into sports as Marcus is.)


 (Camille and I in our matching sun dresses from Costa Rica.)
 Someone certainly enjoyed the sand
 These two girls played mermaid princess all day, women after my own heart.

After our big day at the lake no one was up for cooking so we ordered pizza for everyone. After we got the kids down to bed we stayed up pretty late playing games. I love late night game time. My favorite thing is still watching Mike and Melanie together. You can't tell they are twins by looking at them but you can if you watch them together. They are pretty funny when they get together.

Wednesday morning we got the house picked up and headed back down to Farmington. It was sad to leave, we had a great time together. Family reunions are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment