Friday, August 24, 2012

Sister/Mom moments


My mom and sisters stayed for 10 days. We had a blast together there was a lot of laughing and a lot of fighting. The fighting happened when my sisters played games together for to long. It was actually really funny to listen to them because they were so ridiculous. I am proud to announce that although I am still very competitive I am learning how to not let it bother me so much when I loose, so I was proud to say I didn't get caught in their cat fights.

We went to Pinkberry for the first time while they were here. I loved it. However my mom and sisters were pretty disappointed. They had a self serve frozen yogurt place at home that have tones of flavors and a lot of toppings and you get to put your own treat together. After going to a place like that I can now say I will not being going back to Pinkberry, although it is good I have found something better. It is called 16 handles and lucky (or unlucky) for me it is less than 6 blocks from my house. While driving around town we saw something very funny. A man on a motorcycle with a sidecar and a dog inside of it!! We about died. So what do you think we did? We turned the car around and followed the man and dog until we could get a picture of it.


One day that they were here we went to get out nails done. It was my moms first time getting a pedicure (she doesn't like people touching her feet.) Everyone loved being pampered a little bit (who doesn't) and we decided that it would become a yearly tradition every time they came. We all picked out pink polish for our fingers, so girly. 



We also spent quite a bit of time at the pool. It was by far the favorite activity. I have decided than one day, when we own a home, we WILL have a pool. It was so relaxing to fall asleep on a floaty listening to some good country music. We took another trip to the mall to pick up a few things. We saw the store "As seen on TV" and about died. My mom is notorious for watching HSN and QVS and buying half the things she sees so we were nervous to seen her into a store filled with things she had seen on TV. Luckily she didn't go to overboard :)

 


 And what would a visit from my sisters be without a lot of late night pillow talk. We had some really good conversations. They are starting to get old enough that the 9 and 13 year age difference doesn't seem so big anymore. We has one incident where we were all covered up in my bed when we saw a furry little earwig crawling on the sheets. GROSS! We all screamed what can only be described as Shawn and Guss screams hoping that's someone would come rescue us. Did anyone? NO! So being the oldest I had to be brave and take charge and kill the disgusting insect. I am now a local hero!







 I had so much fun with my mom and sisters and was really glad that when they left on Saturday that I didn't have to say goodbye to them. I was right there with them in the car on the way to Ohio for a week!! Yay for not working in the summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment