Monday, August 20, 2012

Favorites from the rest of Utah trip

 Wednesday after everyone got back from bear lake the Adults got together for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. After dinner most of the adults went to go see Wicked in downtown SLC. Since I have already seen wicked three times on Broadway I decided I didn't need to see it again. So Mike, being the great guy he is, went and babysat some of the nieces and nephews while I went and visited with an old friend from High School and College, Laurissa. It was great to catch up with her, it was hard to leave. Being with her reminded me of those late night/early morning sleepovers you have in high school giggling and laughing at nothing. I'm really glad I was about to visit with her and look forward to visiting with her the next time I find myself in Utah!

 
 Thursday we went to Cafe  Rio for lunch. It was heavenly as always. That evening was the big surprise 60th birthday party for Mike's dad. Everything went wonderfully with family, old friends, coworkers and neighbors coming to wish Sterling a happy birthday. Since all the nieces and nephews (except Jackson who was still in the hospital) were together we tried to get a few pictures of them. That was a challenge but we did the best that we could!
 
 











 Friday morning we started the day off with a session at the Bountiful temple. It is so nice to just drive 10 min down the road, find parking easily and just walk a few feet from the parking lot into the temple. A much different experience than the drive into Manhattan, the rushed 10 block walk from the parking garage to the temple that we usually do. It is nice to change the pace up a bit.
 
 Later that afternoon we went back up to Primary Children's to visit Jackson again. In almost a week he had been taken off a lot of the machines he had been on and had the breathing tube in his nose vs in his mouth. A lot of the swelling had gone down and he just looked great. You could tell a lot of prayers had been offered in his behalf because the rate he was healing was amazing even to the doctors.

 That night we had dinner at Zuppa's for the first time and it did not disappoint. Then we went and walked through a model home in West Farmington with Mikes sister and brother-in-law. It had me dying to move to Utah were it wouldn't be braking the bank to own a home. Sigh... one day! After a good game of 5 crowns we headed over to the movie theater to see The Dark Knight Rises. Before the show we stopped to watch the fountain show they have. It was pretty neat, the fountains danced to a Michael Buble song and the lights changed colors. It was pretty impressive and we heard the same guy who worked on the fountains at the Bellagio in Vegas did this show.


 Saturday was pretty low key. That night we had a little girls night out. We went out to dinner at Blue Lemon in the city creek shopping center then went to the conference center to see the Pioneer day concert. Afterwards we went to the cheesecake factory for dessert. It was fun being out with my sister, cousin, mother, aunt, grandma-in-laws. Lots of great women to look up too.


We left late Sunday evening. When we were walking to our gate in the SLC airport at 11:30pm most of the other gates were closed. As we passed a closed gate we saw a couple just hanging out there. Mike took a second look and said "I think that is Urban Myer" This is how the rest of our conversation went
Me: are you sure
Mike: Yes, I think so. What do you think
Me: I don't know, I can only picture him with his Gators stuff on.
Mike: Well I am pretty dang sure it is him
Me: Then I have to go over, will you get a picture?
Mike: I don't want to, I don't want to bother him
Me: Please, I can't take the picture myself, this is to good to pass up.
and I take off and Mike follows.

I went up to him and told him I was a bug OSU fan and asked if I could get my picture taken with him. He said "if your a big OSU fan than I need my picture with you." After we got a picture he talked to us for a while. He asked us a ton of questions about ourselves and was just really nice. We talked to us for about 5 min before left to catch out flight. I was pretty excited to get a picture with OSU's new coach and to top it off I was even wearing my Ohio State shirt. It was a great way to end the trip!


2 comments:

  1. I believe that you forgot to mention the great plan to move to Utah!! It was really great to see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO JEALOUS you met Urban!!!!! And so happy he was actually a nice guy :)

    ReplyDelete