Friday, August 17, 2012

Passport to Paris: Days 7,8 and 9






Unfortunately I didn't take very many pictures the last few days of my trip. The weathers wasn't favorable and I was pretty beat from my close to three weeks of vacation. Saturday I spent the better part of the day watching the 25th anniversary concert of Les Miserable. If you haven't seen it, it is phenomenal and you should really go watch it, right now! I did make it out in the morning for a warm baguette from the local bakery (at least I had my priority's down!) That night we ordered pizza from what they called the pizza truck. It was lie an ice cream truck but selling pizza. The big thing in France is to put hot oil on their pizza. I tried that and although it was good. It was a little to spicy for me.

Sunday morning we went to a really neat market in the old city. They seriously sold everything there. From fresh food to underwear.... they had the works. It took about an hour to walk around the whole thing. We went into a big tent that had a ton of butcher and cheese shops inside (yes, it smelled heavenly, jokes.) They had some pretty disgusting things on display, it was not of the light of heart or the weak of stomach... After seeing a skinned rabbit cut open down the middle, a chicken with its head/neck still attached and some cow tongues I had to excuses myself. I then went and tried to forget what I had seen by giving in and spending way to much money on a raspberry tart. It was work spending my last Euros on, it was heavenly. I will have to give in more often next time I go for a visit.


Monday I flew home to the USA. Even after 3 weeks I was still pretty sad to leave, but happy to be returning to my lovey. The CDG airport was a little more confusing than other airports I had traveled in and I was lucky to get checked in and find my way to the proper gate. I was really sad thought because the yogurt in France was to die for. I had taken one with me when I left. I had intended to eat it before going through security, but I was so frazzled from trying to find the right gate that I forgot to eat it before security. I got pulled off to the side they searched my things and confiscated my yogurt. NOOO!! I even asked if I could take it outside and eat it then go back through but the nasty security lady just tossed it in the trash!! Does she know what that means to me? Obviously not. I was pretty bitter, and anxious to get to my layover in Dublin Ireland.

I was in Dublin for almost 6 hours. Luckily there was a lot of shops to look at and they has a cool waiting area with nice chairs and such. They even had a foosball table set up there. I did some last minute souvenir shopping and just waited. It was kind of frustrating because there wasn't anywhere to plug in my electronics. Not wanting to be stuck on a plane without an ipod or to be stuck at JFK with no way to call Mike, I just people watched...

The plane ride home wasn't to bad considering it's length. I sat one row behind business class so it was almost like I was one of them... almost. I watched 3 entire movies (Man on a ledge, This Means War and Gone) and played some trivia. Trivia didn't last long though because it was making me feel dumb. How many people retain information like that. Plus it was world trivia, not just USA pop culture trivia... *shutter* I was happy to touch down on American soil, happy to finally be the one with the short line at costumes, happy to breath polluted NYC air and very happy to see Mike.



No comments:

Post a Comment