Friday, August 24, 2012

Cedar Point

 As a teenager I grew up going to cedar point at least once a summer and riding some seriously fast, tall and scary roller coasters!  I didn't mind waiting in a line for 2 hours (or longer) in the hot sun to ride a 30 second ride. I haven't been in 6 years I think and I figured it was time I went back. So we drove up the night before and stayed at a hotel so that we would be at the park right when it opened. When we woke up and looked at the forecast it was suppose to be rainy all day. We debated even going with the bad weather, but decided to push on. We got into the park an hour early (because we stayed the night before on property) so we got to just walk on a few rides before the park opened to the public. Then it started raining and my positive attitude about being at the park started to waver. So we said a little prayer for better weather and what do you know.... the sun came out and we had the perfect weather for the rest of the day and since it was suppose to storm (but never did) it scared the crowds away so the lines were super short and we basically just walked on any ride we wanted to.

It was my sisters first time there and the first big roller coasters either one of them had ever ridden. They both liked them a lot. However, in my old age they made me kind of sick so I picked and choose very carefully the rides I would ride. That afternoon we went over to the water park next door for a few hours. We played in the wave pool, lazy river, laid out and rode a few water slides. It was pretty nice to be able to take a break (and a nap) in the middle of a long day.




After the water park we went and had dinner at a buffet in the park. Not the best meal I have ever had, but it worked. Then we set out to ride the biggest ride in the whole park - The Top Thrill Dragster. It was the tallest, fastest roller coaster in the world  till the 6 flags in New Jersey built a roller coaster identical to it but a few feet taller a few years ago. It goes from 0 -120mph in something like 3 seconds. It is pretty fast. The whole ride last about 30 seconds so you don't really even have time to be scared. It was Katie's first time riding it and she was pretty nervous sitting in the coaster ready for take off. Afterwards she wanted to do it again. It is a pretty fun ride if you like that sort of thing! 

  

 

 

After a few more roller coasters we went and rode a few rides that my mom wanted to ride 9she doesn't do roller coasters.) We rode these giant swing that take you up at least 100 ft in the are and swing you around. It offered some pretty good views of Lake Erie and cedar point. Then we rode the giant fairs wheel to end the night. On our way out of the park we had to get some dip n dots for the rode. They are my favorite summer treat and can only be found at certain places so I always take advantage when I see them. My favorite is banana split. Yum... I wish I had some now! It was a fun trip. It was more fun to spent that kind of time with my dad. He is pretty busy with work so it isn't very often that he can take a day off from work and spend the day with us. The only thing that would have made it better? The brothers and Mike... but they were all working. Booo!!














1 comment:

  1. I love Cedar Point! I haven't been for a while, a couple years, at least, but I'm determined to go back soon!

    ReplyDelete