Sunday, January 8, 2012

Utah in November


We got into Utah around 7 or 8pm on Saturday November 19th and I was sooo "air sick" I went right to bed.

Sunday morning Mike's dad came home from ward choir practice and asked if I wanted to sing with their choir in church that day. He played the piano and taught me he song. It was a lot of fun! I loved learning a new song and singing in such a large ward choir. I also loved singing with my father-in-law. He is soo amazingly talented!

After church we went to Mikes sister Heather's house. I spent some one on one time with my nieces and gave them a manicure. It is hard to believe how old they are getting. I loved talking with them, I much prefer one-on-one time with my nieces and nephews over only seeing them when they are all together. I love getting to know them all better.

Later on that evening we had dinner at Mike's sister Camille's home. That was a lot of fun as well. We stayed late and played games till I couldn't stay awake any longer.

Monday I got to go on a little shopping trip with Mike's sister Camille. I love being able to go to Downeast when I am in Utah. We also grabbed lunch at Cafe Rio, I really wish they would franchise into Stamford or New York.... sooo delicious.

That evening we went to dinner with Mike's Parents, Grandmother, Aunt and Uncle at Chuck-a-rama. It was my first experience and I don't know that I'll be back. The food was good enough but buffets and I don't do well together. I always walk out way to full. After dinner we went to the Hale Center Theater and saw the show "My Fair Lady." I had never seen it all the way through before, but I absolutely LOVED it!! Now I know what people are talking about when they say "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain."

Tuesday Mike and I stopped at In-N-Out for lunch... another place on our list of places we have to go when we are in Utah. After lunch we headed down to Provo to pick up my brother Bryant who is at school at BYU. I was so happy that we were able to spend time together over the Thanksgiving holiday. We filled his fridge and pantry up with food then headed back up to Farmington. We went to a piano recital for sister Jessie and niece Lauren, both did very well and it was fun to be able to see them preform. After the recital we all rushed to the Joseph Smith Memorial building for dinner. It was Mikes mom's birthday and we all surprised her by being at the restaurant when she walked in with dad. It was fun to visit with everyone and have my brother there getting to know Mike's family.
what a beautiful view of the temple
After dinner we went to the Miles home for cake and ice cream with the kids (who stayed home from dinner.)
The kids LOVE wrestling with Mike. As soon as he walks in the door they are hanging on his legs trying to knock him to the ground. He loves it. He's going to be a great dad someday.
Wednesday I started all my baking. I made 2 apple pies, raspberry jello salad, slush for punch and noodles. The house was pretty busy with people dropping in to say hello and visit. That afternoon a ton of us went to Bookdocks and had a blast. I think there were 20 of us there I think. It was fun to do all of the different activities with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment