Saturday, January 7, 2012

Baked Goods

I love baking in the fall. Two of my favorite go to recipes this fall were my apple pie and apple cider doughnut holes recipes. I LOVE them!!!
{A funny story about this pie. I made it for a get together with friends. I was running late so the pie came out of the over a few minutes before we walked out the door. I carried it to the car with the hot pads and I figured I would set it on my lap. I got in the car and rested the pie on my lap and began to put my seatbelt on. As I did so Mike started driving away. Since I was not holding onto the pie it slid back on my lap and tilted. This allowed a ton of carmel filling to come through the lattice top and spill ALL over my leg. Not only was this messy BUT it was HOT, HOT, HOT!!! I screamed and I couldn't do anything fast enough because I still had a hot pie on my lap and hot pads on my hands. I ran inside and did what I should have done in the first place, put the pie on a baking sheet. My leg was pretty red were the hot mess spilled, luckily it healed well :)

These little guys are so yummy-- but CAUTION: if you don't give them away to friends... you will eat them.... all... in one night.... ekks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment