Saturday, January 7, 2012

Halloween

This year halloween weekend was a little unusual. We had a FREAK snow storm (our only snow storm of the season as of Jan 7th.) It hit on Saturday Oct 29th. The week leading up to it reports said it was only going to snow a little, a light dusting that would be gone by sunday morning. Then on Saturday comes and it is a mess outside. Our ward had our planned a trunk or treat for that day. I had asked to take the twins with me. I left my house to go pick them up and a drive that should have taken 10-15 minutes took an hour. The snow was sooo wet and heavy that as it piled onto the trees (who still were full of leaves) branches started to fall on power and cable lines.

Luckily, I got Pinky Pie and Star Song to the party safely. They had a lot of fun. Halloween is WAY more fun with kids. That night we were suppose to go to a halloween party, but were lame and stayed home because of the weather. We (especially me) hate going out in the snow.

Halloween was a Monday so I was at school, which was fun. All the kids brought there costumes to school. We had a halloween party and paraded around the school for all to see. The Pre-K and Kindergarden teachers always dress similar for Halloween. This year as you can tell we were the "Pear Tree Pumpkin Patch." Please notice my pumpkin was carved as Cinderella and had sparkly vines.

This was as festive as we got around our house this year. Mikes not a big halloween person and I could go either way. So we had chili for dinner (a halloween tradition for him) and watched tv. I was glad I didn't but any candy since once again we had no trick or treaters. Which I don't understand since we have little kids that live in our small strip of Condos. Maybe they don't celebrate Halloween?

This year our pumpkins didn't even get carved :( Sad. Maybe next year we will be cooler

No comments:

Post a Comment