Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ceremony of Carols

When I was in high school I was in an "elite" women's choir called Ladies Ensemble. Every Christmas we preferred a concert called Ceremony of Carols. It was a tradition. We would sing a few fun christmas songs at the beginning then we would do a work by Benjerman Britten called Ceremony of Carols. It is written in old english and has about 8 or 9 songs in it. We started practicing in October and the concert was right before Christmas. I preformed in the concert all four years of high school and loved the music. I even had a solo my senior year.

My sister is in this choir now. She has used my old song book to learn her music the past few years and this year she had a solo. I haven't been able to go to the concert since I was in it. This year I can into town the day before so I could go see her sing. It was so fun and took me back to high school. It made me miss my girlfriends who were in choir with me. Where has the time gone? My whole family went and we had a great time... well I did... my brothers weren' sad when it was over.

Katie singing her solo
The 5 McKnight kids
sisters
mother daughter love
mom and dad
my awesome grandparents and I

No comments:

Post a Comment