Sunday, January 8, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011

This year we were in Utah for Thanksgiving. It was our first time spending a major holiday with Mike's Family. It was also nice not to be hosting a ton of people for Thanksgiving dinner. Don't get me wrong. I love hosting, but it is a lot of work so it was nice to take the year off. I even got to sleep in :)

Although Mike and Bryant both really missed a competitive turkey bowl this year they made sue with what they had. They rallied the nieces and nephews and held their own turkey bowl on the front lawn. Although the competition wasn't as tall as they were use to they still had fun and made some good memories with the little ones.


Thanksgiving lunch was wonderful (of course.) It was my brothers first American Thanksgiving in two years. He loved having all the traditional foods and I think he had 2 or 3 plate of just noodles.



As dinner settled Mike and Bryant were sneak attacked by the youngins. Before they could fully digest their food the kids wanted to wrestle with them. It was pretty funny watching them get beat up on. I was upset that my camera lens was dirty.



The rest of the day we watched football and visited with each other. I did a little online sale searching gearing up for the day after Thanksgiving sales.

That night Bryant and I went to go see the new Twilight movie. We viewed it as more of a comedy rather than a drama. I think people were confused as to why we were laughing when the content was so serious.

We went to walmart at about 11pm (they opened at 10) it was a mad house and we went home without stopping anywhere else. Instead I got online and did all my shopping there. I was pretty impressed. I think I will do black Friday online from now on.

Friday we headed back to CT. It was sad to leave everyone but we knew we would see a lot of them in January in Costa Rica :)

When we got to the airport we went to check-in and all of a sudden I heard my name. I turned around to see my best friend Cynda from Ct waving at me. We knew they were coming home the same day we were but were on a different flight.... however, a turn of events put them on BOTH of our flights home. So we traveled to Denver then to LGA together. It was fun having these unexpected travel buddies. On our flight from SLC to Denver they were in the seats right in front of us. Then all four of us and all of our luggage crammed into mikes little mazda and made the drive from the airport home. :) It was a surprisingly fun travel experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment