Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Time


 I always feel Christmas time comes and goes to fast. I'm not sure if it is because I'm so busy getting ready for the holidays that I don't give myself time to enjoy it or if it simply doesn't last long enough. In any case this year was no different. We put the Christmas tree up the day we got home from Utah so we could enjoy it's glowing lights for as long as possible. Despite working right up until Dec 21st and finals I was still able to get a decent amount of baking done. Although admittedly a lot of my perfectly tasty treats got thrown in the trash for lack of people to share them with. That is ONE major down side to being a self professed workaholic... not many friends. Well, I have friends. I just don't see them nearly as much as I use to. To the point where I think to myself "They know we're still friends right?" Oh well. Mike and our coworkers enjoyed my holiday baking bug. I made red velvet peppermint crumble cookies (my new favorite,) peanut butter cup cookies (Mike's favorite,) peppermint blossom cookies and peppermint s'more cookies.  In years past I have made cookies in a jar, bread and other holiday treats and given them to our friends for Christmas. This year I decided it was not necessary and that I was to tired to do something like that. Sorry guys. Instead, I just made something for my small group of coworkers. I did chocolate covered spoons with hot coco attached. I thought it was a clever idea, thank you pinterest. I also did the majority of my Christmas shopping online this year again. So much easier than going out in search of the perfect gift. There was a week where we had several boxes on our front door every day. Oh, and when you shop online they send it to you in a box which makes it super easy to wrap. Another pro to online shopping. I am crossing my fingers that next year we get the week before Christmas off again, but know that we will likely go to school till the 20th next year. Oh well. I did my best to enjoy the holiday festivities this year amongst a busy work/school schedule.

  

























































No comments:

Post a Comment