Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The time my Dad stictched Katie up at Home

WARNING!! This is not for the faint of heart!!

My sister Katie really wants to come to Europe with me this summer. So she got a job in town as a bus girl (aka: the person who clears your table at a restaurant.) On night while I was at home she had to work so a few of us went to the restaurant where she works to grab dessert. While we were there a she broke a glass. She balanced the broken glass on her arm and carried a few other things in her hand to the back. While she was carrying the glass on her arm it slid down and cut her. She showed us the cut and my dad thought it needed some butterfly band-aids, my guess was stitches.

That evening we went to a basketball game at my old high school. Then we went to dad's office to get some supplies to bandage Katie's cut up. When she got home that night my dad cleaned the cut. After looking at it a little closer he thought she might need stitches after all. He decided to wrap it up and see what it looked like in the morning. The next day it was still pretty open and he knew it was going to leave a nasty scare. Being the gentleman he is he offered to stitch it up for her. So there at the kitchen table he gave her a few shots to numb her then stitched her up. It was pretty cool and pretty gross all at the same time. The grosses part was hearing the sutcher coming out of the skin and making a little tearing noise.. yeck!!

My dads the coolest and my sister is the bravest!!


































No comments:

Post a Comment