Saturday, January 5, 2013

Family Trip to Canton


 Mike and I got off of work the quickest we could on Friday afternoon. I think we left town around 3:45 and started our long journey to Ohio. I was a little nervous because there was a snow storm slamming the Midwest and Ohio and PA. were right in the thick of it all. We got to the middle of PA around 9:30 and Mike told me he was to tired to drive and I would need to take over if I wanted to keep going. I usually don't drive in the dark or the snow but I was determined to make it to my family as fast as I could so I took the wheel for close to four hours and got us into Ohio. I drove through high winds, lots of snow, dirty windows and semi's in a hurry but I remained calm and conquered my big fear of driving. We ended up getting home around 2am. I was so happy to be home safely.

The next morning we all got ready and headed up to Canton for some family time. It is not very often that the whole family will go Christmas shopping together, but we had a lot of fun. After our shopping adventure at the busy mall we went to play our traditional game of Lazar tag. It is always so much fun. This time around we all ended up finding each other (all but Mike at least) and made a fortress in one of the high overlook areas. It's more fun to laugh and make jokes with the family than to actually play seriously. After that we all went out to dinner at one of my families favorite places, Quaker stake and lub. It was fun being together as a family. I don't think we've done that since last Christmas, someone is usually missing. I'm not looking forward to the time when my siblings are grown up and have their own families as I know moments like this will be even harder to recreate. I love my family.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment