Saturday, January 5, 2013


 Christmas morning my dad read us the story of Christs birth in Luke 2, then the present opening began. It took a while to get all the gifts opened even with my dad encouraging everyone just to open and not to watch other people open. Some of my favorite Christmas morning moments.

- Watching my mom open her gift from my sisters. They made a frame with picture of the three of them then they wrote 100 reasons why they loved her. She cried, they cried, I loved it!
- Opening a gift from Vladamir the Russian stork (AKA: Bryant) Inside we found a baby bottle, pacifier and OSU onsies... I think it was a hint from my family that they are getting tired of waiting for us to have kids....
-Watching my mom open her frame from the family. Inside was the word strength and each of us took a letter from that word and picked and adjective that describes her and why. We took turns reading it to her since she couldn't read it herself without crying. Another sweet moment was when my tough brother Bryant thought he could read what he wrote to mom, but he ended up in tears. So sweet when you can feel and see the love that your family has for one another.
-We did the same gift for my grandparents and they loved it as well.
- Watching the boys play their scratch off lotto cards.
- Watching Elizabeth get excited when she opened the Northface coat she really wanted but we told her we weren't getting for her.
- Being together

After presents we had our traditional lunch then everyone went off to play with their new toys. I spent time trying to figure out my new camera and took a lot of pictures.

Around 3 the whole family went to go see Les Miserable. I was entranced and loved the whole thing. It was hard not to sing along but I was proud of myself. The family, most of which had not seen it before had mixed reviews. Andrew thought it was the longest 3 hours of his life while Bryant likes the music. My sisters and I wanted to turn around and go see it again.

We had Christmas dinner together and spent the rest of the night with each other watching movies and laying by the fireplace. It was a wonderful Christmas. I always get so sad when it is over.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment