Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The rest of my Christmas Break in Ohio



This one time I went to Ohio for Christmas and my grandma came up to see me. She brought a nasty virus with her. She packaged it up nicely and thoughtfully shared it with all of us. Some were able to avoid the germs, others were not as lucky. I was one of the not so lucky. The day after Mike left I got really tired and weak. Then I got the chills, aches, fever, sore throat, coughing and nasal congestion. It was pretty miserable. Especially when I wanted to be out having fun with my family. I spent a lot of time wrapped up in my fuzzy robe, laying by the fire and trying to read (the headache made that tricky though.)

I decided that I wouldn't let this flu business get me to down. I still drug my sick self to my good friend Sarah's wedding in Warren, Ohio. I'm not sure if they would have appreciated my presence as much had they known I had the flu but I was careful to keep the spread of my germs to a minimum. Her reception was lovely, but of course she out shown everything else. She was so happy and in love! Don't you love a good wedding.

I also still managed to go on a little double date with my dad to the high school basketball game. After we went to his office to get some things for KT's arm. While we waited for him Elizabeth played physicist and gave me a mental health exam. It's fun to have younger siblings :)

As I mentioned other in my family were sick to (grandpa, bryant and Katie.) Katie is the only one who would get to close to me sine she was sick to. At night I sleep in the basement with Mike, but since he left I was down there alone. Sometimes when I am at home without him I revert back to childhood things... like being afraid to sleep in the basement alone. So I talked KT into sleeping down there withe me. We had some funny conversations until the wee hours of the morning. I love sister talk. Of course Elizabeth felt left out when she found out so the next night all three of us cozied up on the air mattress for bed. We didn't get a ton of sleep but I sure had fun making memories with my little sisters. Sometimes I forget there is a 9 and 13 year difference between me and them. I especially love that the age gap seems to be shrinking and we seem closer to the same age. Sisters are the best!

Anyways, two weeks later I still don't feel like myself and had to miss work today because I'm so tired and weak. This flu business is no fun. I just want to be healthy again!




































No comments:

Post a Comment